+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

LG.
    Ventura is still in office until next January. Listen closely in January and you'll hear a collective sigh of relief from the whole state of Minnesota, as it's been a long 4 years. His successor will be picked next Tuesday, a wild day given the state of the race for Senator, with Wellstone dead and former US VP Mondale coming out of retirement with 5 days to campaign.

back on topic, Teri and Ian - what gives? Teri, we really want you to tell Ian to stuff it. They are competing very well in such a physical race, though, so I'll give them credit for that. I've still gone on record over a week ago in saying they are around for the long haul, so hang in there.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

did you see that all of the male/female teams let the woman go first, except one?
    Michael went first, too, actually. But I thought he was pretty cool. "It ain't no thing. I'm just worried about my girl." That made me smile.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Newbie
    Teri and Ian: The "Honeymooners" but without the charm, wit, likeability and humor. Teri appears to be doing a great impression of a doormat while Ian has all the personality of a Brillo pad.
    I, too, was hoping the "older married couple" of TAR 3 would be of the David/Marguerite ilke but, alas, we're left with a husband/wife duo who would probably appear more at home appearing on "Cops" over the caption "12:17 am: Domestic Disturbance Call".

OMG LawDog, that was funny.

I mist have missed Michael going first down the cliff, but his worry about Kathy more than makes up for his going first.

Me, I wouldn't go first, only because what if one of you goes, and the other then chickens out? How do you solve that one?

It's unfortunate that Teri and Eye-an aren't more like Dave and Marguerite...it seems like they're actually more like Tara and Will (except Teri doesn't argue quite like Tara did...)...

Teri takes a lot of flack from Ian before she bites back.

She shows a lot more patience than I could possibly muster in the same situation.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Definitely, Fluff...props to Teri for her patience...

I guess it's like someone said earlier in this thread...Eye-an's personality/attitude/whatever may come across as rude/brash to us, but since T & I have been married as long as they have, I guess they are used to each other, so maybe it doesn't phase Teri like it phases us...

Very good point.
    There may even be things about me that could be seen as not so great if I were on TV

I honestly do keep trying to give Ian the benefit of the doubt, and I realize they have been married a long time so something has to be right.... right?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It could be that Ian just doesn't play well with others, takes competitive sports waaayyyy too seriously. You know the type, the idiot on the team that feels if the team lost then its the end of the world.... misses a fly ball and goes home and cuts his hand off. Or that he wants the big bucks at the end of the race and will do anything to get it, even make an ass out of himself on national tv as the perfect example of the Ugly American.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

"cuts his hand off" Nice, Ili. On the other, uh, hand, missing a fly ball is pretty criminal.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread