+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

I was really pleased to see Teri and Ian do as well as they did last night, given that it was such a physically demanding leg of the race. Plus, the fact that they could move up without using the FF bodes very well for them, I think.

I still don't like Ian's controlling nature towards Teri, but if they both recognize it, I suppose that makes it a bit more tolerable...

I have to say I did think it was funny when they got to the Roadblock and, before Ian could say anything, Teri told him, "YOU'RE doing this one!"

I agree, lobeck! My wife said the same thing - "Good thing she spoke up, or Ian probably would have made her do this one, too."

Good point about the FF lobeck.
    It will no doubt benefit them to have that in reserve for later legs.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Still not my favorite team, but I have to recognize they did good last night. I was surprised they were able to move towards the front of the pack without using the FF. I might not like the way Ian treats Teri, but like you guys said, they know each other's strengths and weaknesses. And they have the "never give up, never surrender" attitude going for them. .

I do believe I heard him say "hooyay" last night which is the war cry of the US Navy SEALS. Which if true, would pretty much effectively kill my theory on all SEALS (which you all know )
    Um....I love MOST of the Navy SEALS, too.

Teri sent me a couple PM's... since they are called Private messages, I won't share them with out her permission, but I will say they were very nice. Thought I'd share my response to one of them:
    This season looks harder to me than the last two combined... very strenuous activities, a lot of running, and harder challenges you two are doing great. So glad to hear it was fun for you.
    Cali
    Meant every word, but figured instead of just telling her, I could tell everyone... I sent another telling her I thought they were kicking butt too.
    Now, I must resume my "Be a bitch to all tar teams remotely being edited poorly" persona
    Have to keep the recaps somewhat interesting
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Thanks, cali! It's always been apparent that the show is highly physical, which presents a bigger challenge to the "older couple" team. Take Dave & Margaretta (I think that was her name) from TAR1. The walking really did them in.

It's unfortunate that the game tends to be geared so that young, all-male, in shape teams can win it with pure stamina. I'd like to see a more even playing field, ala Survivor.

I loved Dave and Margaretta. They were awesome. When They were beat to the FF, they just shrugged and strted walking back up that cliff that they had just come down! Fantastic
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It's unfortunate that the game tends to be geared so that young, all-male, in shape teams can win it with pure stamina. I'd like to see a more even playing field, ala Survivor.
    Fo me, that's the one failing of the show.
    Both series have come down to a literal foot race at the end which I just don't think is a fitting way to end such a great show.
    Teams that have made it all the way to the final stage deserve better than that imo.
    Even if they are Tara and Wil.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Of course, nobody's tried tripping the people trying to pass them...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

There are 2 things wrong with the show, that could be fixed:

1) Don't end it with a foot race, and keep physical challenges limited, and

2) Don't end it in a city where one of the teams is from, or where knowledge of the city could be an asset.

Other than that, they've fixed their big mistake from last season, which was requiring teams to only fly on a specific airline, limiting a TON of creativity.

+ Reply to Thread