+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Teri and Ian

Teri & Ian, if you're still hanging around, I wondered if you'd be willing to answer a question for us?

We know Ian was in the military, in Vietnam. We were just curious about which branch he was in? He had to have been pretty darn young, even to have been there as the war was winding down.

And once again, great job on the race. I hope you both had a great experience. It'll be something to share with your family for years to come.

Oh, and burn those paper undies!

FORT Newbie
    We are still here and would be glad to answer questions!

I am so in awe of you two.
    Yes, I pulled a Flo and whined about some of the behavior, but truth be told you guys did an awesome job!

I hope things are going well. I LOVED watching the two, especially in Vietnam. It was extremely touching to watch.
    Bravo
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hoo-Ah, Teri and Ian! To me, you two are the real winners of TAR3. Questions: Were you penalized for engaging the help of locals in the Vietnam bike challange? How much time was the assessed penalty? Do you feel that Flo and Zach were adequately penalized, given that they didn't even row their own round boats, and the clue [supposedly] stipulated one person per boat?

FORT Newbie
    ^I believed I heard somewhere that all three teams were penalized an hour for recieving assistance on their detours.

Oh, and happy birthday Teri

Iceburgh, actually Flo said in her interview with us that her and Zach were penalized an hour, but "that the other teams were penalized for getting help with the bikes" (but doesn't say for how long). I think we all assume it was also an hour, making it a wash.

LG.
    Happy birthday Teri! You two were my favorite team from the start (look waaaaay back in this thread) and I'm just sorry you didn't get a cab faster than Flo and Zach in that last stretch to the finish.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by cali
    I am so in awe of you two.
    Yes, I pulled a Flo and whined about some of the behavior, but truth be told you guys did an awesome job!

I hope things are going well. I LOVED watching the two, especially in Vietnam. It was extremely touching to watch.
    Bravo
    Teri and Ian, Cali took the words right out of my mouth. I, too, didn't always like the behavior, but as the season went on, I grew to not only enjoy watching the two of you compete but also admire and respect you two for the efforts you put into the race and your "never give up" spirit. You all did a great job. Again, congratulations!

And, Happy Birthday Teri!
    Last edited by lobeck; 01-01-2003 at 06:23 PM.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Ian gained a LOT of points in my book when he spoke on TES and said he apologized and there was no excuse for some of the things he said/did. He didn't make excuses or blame the editing (like some people).

Teri/Ian, I'm interested to know more on the storyline of whether it was "legal" for Zach to purchase business class tickets and get them swapped. I read somewhere (can't even remember now) banter that that might have been against the rules since the initial charge has to be ecomony...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Happy Birthday Teri!

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread