+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

I still can't get over thier treatment of eachother... yeah it works for them. I just thank God it isn't something that would "work" for me!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Well, if it works for them, it works. And it makes for a good topic to discuss in a forum like this.

I definitely think Flo's behaviour is making me see Ian as less annoying.
    He is still very rude to Teri, but she does seem to give as good as she gets.

It's not a way my husband and me would treat each other, either in a race or in real life, but they are hanging in there so I guess they have managed to work together pretty effectively.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    They are okay as partners in competition, but I wonder about real life .... Ian would be a sore pin ...

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by Xache
    They are okay as partners in competition, but I wonder about real life .... Ian would be a sore pin ...
    I really think a competition like this is as tough, if not tougher, than anything they've experienced in real life. They should be fine out of the game, after all, they've been married for what, 20 years?

This is the first full episode I have seen of TAR3. I fell in love with Ian and Terri. I think this is what my parents would be like on TAR. I love that they have disposable underwear. What a smart idea UNTIL you have to get undressed in front of the competition, but they did not care to look at her. The race is the thing. I think they are doing a great job on this challange. I know that the stress has to be what makes them sooo short with each other(I did hear Ian apologize a couple of times to her). My favorite part of last night was when Flo was saying Terri and Ian just don't get it...they are so far behind....or some such crap and terri and flo were on there way from the towers to the developer..way ahead of the others. Hehe! Eat dust Flo!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

LG.
    I've been Teri and Ian's main supporter at this site from nearly the start of the race and I'm glad to see them getting some more fans (or at least not all flames). I think I've accepted their relationship most easily because I recognize that they have what is called by counselors a "volatile" relationship. I've read enough psychology books to know that it doesn't necessarily make for a bad relationship, but that both parties need to be equipped to deal with it and handle the high emotions in such a relationship, and Teri and Ian appear to handle it just fine.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think Ian is still being unnecessarily rude and condescending to Teri, but he's infinitely better than Flo. He may be obnoxious and offensive, but at least he contributes to the progress of his team, unlike Flo who does nothing but whine and whine and whine and whine...

Also, I'll have lived a full life if I never have to see Teri and Ian in paper underwear again...

LG, now that you mention it, my grandparents had a "volatile" relationship too. They were good for each other but I hated being around them and listen to them bitch at each other. I used to dread going to see them for that reason.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

LG.
    You know, this book on relationships I read (wish I could remember the name, it is a very well respected book) had three main types of relationships which can work out to be happy and successful marriages, and two types that would ultimately lead to divorce or really unhappy people, and volatile is one that can work if both parties are on board. Not everybody is as lovey dovey as our great guys at the FORT.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread