+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

Originally posted by Ilikai
    He can be the Ugly American for hours on end!!!.
    I couldn't believe he ordered Teri to COME! like a dog...
    Ili, I almost fell off the couch when I heard that one!
    However, my take on the situation is this:
    I have heard both Teri and Ian speak rudely to one another. I am starting to think that is just how they communicate with each other. I think one does it as frequently as the other but through editing we just see/hear Ian more. It is still not excusable. If I had a mate... let me re-phrase that. I would not have a mate who spoke to me in that manner.:mad:

I really wanted to root for this team because the race has been shown in the past two season to be a "young man's game".
    It has become increasingly difficult to like them as the weeks have gone on though.
    I'm still hoping they do well for the sake of the race rather than for themselves though as I think the race needs a different winning team make up this year.
    "That's Numberwang!"

After last night's episode, I lost whatever ounce of respect I had for Ian (assuming I could find said ounce somewhere). His attitude is getting worse and worse after each episode, and he shows no sign(s) of changing his ways. And, when he and Teri left the Pit Stop at the beginning of the show, what's the first thing Ian said? "Hooyah!" :rolleyes

If Teri wants to say that they may argue, etc., but "when push comes to shove, we push together", that's fine. I don't know how (or even why) Teri has put up with Ian for this long. When he "makes the decision, it's final", yet, when Teri tries to correct him or calls him on his attitude, his response is, "Don't berate me, Teri." Ian's telling Teri not to berate him??? This from the man who looked at his wife and said, "Teri, come" like she was a golden retriever or something. No, that's certainly not berating your wife, Ian. That's downright rude, disrespectful, and another example of your "Ugly American" attitude shining through...:rolleyes

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    They really made a good jump by getting the FF in the last episode, as all the other teams are at least a couple hours behind them because they had to wait for the restaurant to open before they could continue. They no longer have the FF, but they do have a considerable lead and will be in a good starting position for the next leg.
    I think it was ridiculous to go for the Fast Forward. A&A weren't even on the same train as them, which means they could see their main competition in front of them. That two-hour lead they have will be gone immediately next week, I'm sure. Going for the FF in that situation was a strategic blunder that will probably cost this team down the stretch, perhaps as early as next week.

If they'd chosen to ignore the FF, I could just see Ian selling those food cuppy things: "HOOYAH! GET OVER HERE AND BUY THIS FOOD! NOW! COME!! OVER HERE! HOOYAH!!!"
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    I thoght they (read Ian) wanted the FF b/c they (read Ian) said they (read Ian) were tired. I wonder though if those few hours extra rest were worth it....?

I agree Lobeck

They (read Ian) blew the fast forward by taking it at a stupid point in the race.
    It did catapault them to first place, but as there was no great equaliser last time and we haven't had an elimination yet, they should know that both will be due in the next couple of weeks.

I feel they should have held on and only used the ff if they were in danger of being eliminated or if they wanted to build a solid lead in the final couple of rounds.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm losing all respect for these guys, especially Ian ; dominating jerk!& because they came in first this week , it means that we'll definitely be seeing them for at least a couple of more weeks.OH NO!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    No matter how hard I try, I cannot like this team.

A true shame that they didn't turn out to be the Dave/Margharetta of TAR3.

I think the only team now that I'd like to see go before them is maybe Flo/Zach...but they are pretty close to being tied.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    In defense of Teri and Ian (against the current, I realize), if they hadn't gone for the FF there was the possiblity that A&A may have gotten it, in which case T&I may have been in a footrace against all the other teams on the second train to avoid elimination. The main reason that I saw for Jill and John Vito going for the FF (after negotiating with Flo and Zach) was to PREVENT Teri and Ian from getting it, but if Teri and Ian hadn't gone for it, it very well may have been there for A&A, in which case the last place team from the second train could have been outta there. Who knew that 9-1-1 was going to get detained by police? It was a calculated risk to keep them in the game for another leg, their lead will likely get wiped out in a "great equalizer" in the next leg, but as Phil said, they're the oldest team to make it this far, so that is an accomplishment. My only criticism is that they need to stop being so rude to each other and unfortunate 3rd parties in their path (and littering is extremely rude).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I do see an equaliser coming in this leg, which might make T&I regret there decision to take the FF.
    On the whole though I think they will probably be happy to have a little breathing space as they've been at the back of the pack for much of the race.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread