+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Dustin and Kandice - All Stars

Re: Dustin and Kandice - All Stars

I'm pretty sad that these two didn't win TAR all-stars... I really expected them to win... but alas... Still, they are still winners for getting 2nd place...

Good luck Dustin & Kandice. You girls were amazing throughout the race and were tough competitors!!! Hope you are able to maintain your friendship over the years and will have fond memories of your races together.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I was pulling for Dustin/Kandice from the start and am very disappointed that they didn't win. I've been wanting an all girl team to win forever now, and I was hoping they could take that honor of being the first one. But I am very happy that they at least made it to the end. I enjoyed watching them both seasons. They've been very strong racers and I admire their style of racing because I believe that's what got them as far as it did on both seasons. Here's hoping TAR12 has a team just like them (or at least another strong female team that doesn't get bad luck early on like some of the other ones have).

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Spez;2373527;
    Just to make me feel a bit better... can anyone tell me how much money 2nd placers are supposed to get? Somewhere around at least $300,000 I hope... the girls deserve a good consolation prize. ( and I dont suppose there's any chance that they can also get the prize meant for C&M? no? too bad... )
    I don't think they get anywhere near that much.
    The Race is kind of funny in that it the final leg (the winning leg) seems a lot like any other leg so that the winner is often the team who raced the best that particular leg, not necessarily overall. Dustin & Kandice won so many legs just not the leg that counted. Anyhow, I'm not a huge fan of the BQs so I'm fine with the elusive "first all-female team to win the Race" accolade being claimed by a team in a future TAR.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I really thought they had a shot at being the first all-female team to win. They ran a really good race. They just didn't do very well at the final (and single most important) task.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Fogey

Aside from horrible planning that cost them the race on the Producer's parts... just think, if the one blonde didn't change her original answer, they would have won!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2375293;
    Aside from horrible planning that cost them the race on the Producer's parts... just think, if the one blonde didn't change her original answer, they would have won!
    That's true. I felt so sorry for them at end of the race. They played their hearts out, always had a smile on their face. I know that they were probably devestated but didn't show it. I wish them the best of luck
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2375293;
    Hi, actually if you look carefully, whether Dustin changed her answer to the first question or not did not matter. Kandice would have gotten it wrong even if Dustin kept her answer of 4 (ie Rob and Amber) for 1st question because Kandice got question 2, who has the best sense of humour wrong too!

Dustin's answer to the questions:
    least trusthworthy - 6. joe & bill (changed from 4. rob & amber at last min)
    best sense of humour - 7. uchenna & joyce
    overrated - - 4. rob & amber
    keep in contact - 7. uchenna & joyce

Kandice's first try:
    least trusthworthy - 4. rob & amber
    best sense of humour - 8. oswald & danny

thereafter, kandice kept changing her answer for question 1 (eg kevin & drew, teri & ian etc) but kept the rest of the 3, in which 2nd (ozzy and danny) was wrong throughout.

so my take is, it did not matter, they would have used up all the 10 mins for that challenge.

I felt the planning for last leg was really bad. there's no chance for any team to have a good clear lead. it's really all about LUCK and not competency. If they have a good roadblock about MENTAL or PHYSICAL challenge, that would have been better.

nevertheless I really like BQs and were bumped when they did not win. sigh. anyway after watching so many season where my favs who did well in most other legs did not win, winning the million dollar in amazing race to me is ALLLLLL about LUCK. not racing abilities etc.
    Last edited by reallyABC; 05-11-2007 at 09:29 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by reallyABC;2385047;
    Hi, actually if you look carefully, whether Dustin changed her answer to the first question or not did not matter. Kandice would have gotten it wrong even if Dustin kept her answer of 4 (ie Rob and Amber) for 1st question because Kandice got question 2, who has the best sense of humour wrong too!

Dustin's answer to the questions:
    least trusthworthy - 6. joe & bill (changed from 4. rob & amber at last min)
    best sense of humour - 7. uchenna & joyce

Kandice's first try:
    least trusthworthy - 4. rob & amber
    best sense of humour - 8. oswald & danny

thereafter, kandice kept changing her answer for question 1 (eg kevin & drew, teri & ian etc) but kept the rest of the 3, in which 2nd (ozzy and danny) was wrong throughout.

so my take is, it did not matter, they would have used up all the 10 mins for that challenge.

I felt the planning for last leg was really bad. there's no chance for any team to have a good clear lead. it's really all about LUCK and not competency. If they have a good roadblock about MENTAL or PHYSICAL challenge, that would have been better.

nevertheless I really like BQs and were bumped when they did not win. sigh. anyway after watching so many season where my favs who did well in most other legs did not win, winning the million dollar in amazing race to me is ALLLLLL about LUCK. not racing abilities etc.
    Yes a bit of luck but there was also alot of physical challenges, with 5 girls left in the final 3 I would say they were all amazing! There looked to be alot of running, swimming, diving off of cliffs (not aired in the final photos on cbs.com website) navigating and kyaking..very physical tasks! All the teams racing abilities were challenged. I also think the last task was geered towards the girls (gossiping about other teams) Danielle just turned out to be the best gossip and I guess Eric was a better listener then anyone ever expected.
    I thought this was a great finish to the season.

+ Reply to Thread