+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric and Danielle - All Stars

To the Point
    If I remember correctly they were placed on stand-by at the travel agency, I think. So technically they probably should have been first on the list, but life's not fair. Actually, I didn't think he reacted all that poorly while on the plane and $50 may have been all the $ they had to offer. I'm not so sure that I wouldn't have been a bit more verbal about it, so it's probably good that it wasn't me. He and Danielle don't have any chemistry and it would definitely appear that the wear and tear of the game is making the relationship even more fragile.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2298617;
    If I remember correctly they were placed on stand-by at the travel agency, I think. So technically they probably should have been first on the list, but life's not fair. Actually, I didn't think he reacted all that poorly while on the plane and $50 may have been all the $ they had to offer. I'm not so sure that I wouldn't have been a bit more verbal about it, so it's probably good that it wasn't me. He and Danielle don't have any chemistry and it would definitely appear that the wear and tear of the game is making the relationship even more fragile.
    I think you are correct on all counts. I think their relationship is showing strain..Danielle appears to be taking a backseat in the decision making as Eric seems to be very controlling and a bit bossy at time, in her defense I think she wants to be more involved but does not want to make waves. It looks like next week she gets a little tired of this and argues with him in the cab. I really wish she would step up. She and Dani from season 9 got along so well (somewhat like Dustin and Kandace personality wise) They don't seem to be having much fun on this race...oh well hopefully they can work well enough together to win this race.

This "couple" has zero chemsitry. The fact that they live in NY and Florida probably makes it easy to be a "couple". I doubt they have even spent any significant time together outside of the race. They feel very fabricated to me, like they just wanted to play the game so one of them said, "Let's be a team!" They treat each other with little to no respect, DD is extremely immature and Eric sucks.

I had no problems with them until they started to get into the pressure cooker and we have quickly seen them unravel. What is being shown on TV is not pretty.

CCL
    I can't stand bimbo & bimbette.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'd like to take the person who thought putting this "team" on All-Stars was a good idea and have him flogged. Having the "bickering couple who gets too far" is almost a tradition as far as TAR goes, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to watch.

And if that wasn't enough, I can't help but wonder who would have taken their place had they not been on All-Stars.

To the Point
    I know I'm in the minority (not that it bothers me), but I have never really disliked Erik. I wanted to Frat Boy team to win. I do find this pair to be difficult to watch. I believe though that I would find Danielle to be difficult to work with at times. I think that Erik is incredibly competitive (at times to the point of being ruthless and abrasive), however, I can relate. I tend to be very competitive and can be the same way. Dani has opened her mouth at times and shown herself to be less than genius and sometimes wishywashy. She just isn't as driven. I totally understand Erik saying that he sees her as a partner in this race, not as a girlfriend. I'm just not sure that's helping their cause.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2308215;
    I'd like to take the person who thought putting this "team" on All-Stars was a good idea and have him flogged. Having the "bickering couple who gets too far" is almost a tradition as far as TAR goes, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to watch.

And if that wasn't enough, I can't help but wonder who would have taken their place had they not been on All-Stars.
    The fact that they weren't even a real team in their first installment makes it worse. I'll never understand what the fascination was with putting a hybrid team on. If the producers thought it would add anything special or get any buzz, that certainly backfired. They want a bickering couple to annoy everyone and cause drama? They certainly have tons to choose from, and those couples were actual couples and teammates before.

this episode was funny
    they werent even done with the 1st leg and d&k were statring their second :]

LG.
    I guess the producers wanted the "dynamic" of a "newly dating couple who had never done the race together before" which they bring. People who think (when the signed up) that they are compatable and a good match, and find out (oh so publicly on tv) that really, they don't get along that well together when under stress. Watching a fledgling relationship implode is interesting tv, but I'm sure they were other imploding relationships from prior teams that they could have cast instead. Jon and Victoria just had a baby, so they were out, but Collin and Christy always seemed pretty close to the verge of throwing each other into traffic or declaring "I hate you" and stomping off and quitting the show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2308375;
    I know I'm in the minority (not that it bothers me), but I have never really disliked Erik. I wanted to Frat Boy team to win. I do find this pair to be difficult to watch. I believe though that I would find Danielle to be difficult to work with at times. I think that Erik is incredibly competitive (at times to the point of being ruthless and abrasive), however, I can relate. I tend to be very competitive and can be the same way. Dani has opened her mouth at times and shown herself to be less than genius and sometimes wishywashy. She just isn't as driven. I totally understand Erik saying that he sees her as a partner in this race, not as a girlfriend. I'm just not sure that's helping their cause.
    I agree with you to some degree. Eric is very competitive so I think that being his partner can be trying at times - his, my way or no way attitude could drive anyone crazy. I personally would probably kill him, she had been quiet from a long time, this week she finally broke..when a persons need for a cup of coffee is being controlled well thats just going to far!!!: I would kill for a cup of coffee. I think it is difficult for the two of them because they don't know what to expect from each other being in a new relationship and I think she is afraid to speak up because he seems always ready to pounce, she appears to be little intimidated by him. I think she is driven just a bit unsure...I hope she steps up her game a bit and starts taking charge.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)