+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric and Danielle - All Stars

Quote Originally Posted by vanname131;2288150;
    I didn't think he meant freaks in a homophobic way but then he pissed me off when he told Danielle she was beaten by two queens..he is so competitive.. that if things don't work out he blames her. I think she was pissed but only rolled her eyes because it wasn't worth addressing what he said. I'd say she was classy in this situation.
    Freaks usually refers, in our modern vernacular, to the geeky or goth oriented in high school, or in more adult company to homosexuals. Calling Joe and Bill queens is definitely homophobic and was not done in a nice, joking way. It was mean and meant to be demeaning.

He has a very nasty edge to his competitive nature.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2288167;
    While that might be true of some situations, I also have to point out....
    1) he may be 'a joker', but saying you're a joker doesn't automatically make you funny
    2) just because someone doesn't laugh along with his "jokes" doesn't mean they don't "get it", it's more likely that they do "get it" but just don't find him funny

I fall into #2 above. I get it, and I get that he finds himself highly amusing. I just don't find him funny. I find him to be an idiot.
    Eric may think he is a jokester but the only one who finds him funny is himself.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2288239;
    Freaks usually refers, in our modern vernacular, to the geeky or goth oriented in high school, or in more adult company to homosexuals. Calling Joe and Bill queens is definitely homophobic and was not done in a nice, joking way. It was mean and meant to be demeaning.

He has a very nasty edge to his competitive nature.
    I am a thirty something adult and the word freak has absolutely zero homosexual overtones when I include it as part of my vernacular. Freak means many, many more things than homo.

freak /frik/
    –noun
    1. any abnormal phenomenon or product or unusual object; anomaly; aberration.
    2. a person or animal on exhibition as an example of a strange deviation from nature; monster.
    3. a sudden and apparently causeless change or turn of events, the mind, etc.; an apparently capricious notion, occurrence, etc.: That kind of sudden storm is a freak.
    4. Numismatics. an imperfect coin, undetected at the mint and put into circulation.
    5. Philately. a stamp differing from others of the same printing because of creases, dirty engraving plates, etc. Compare error (def. 8), variety (def. 8).
    6. Slang.
    a. a person who has withdrawn from normal, rational behavior and activities to pursue one interest or obsession: a drug freak.
    b. a devoted fan or follower; enthusiast: a baseball freak.
    c. a hippie.
    7. Archaic. capriciousness; whimsicality.
    –adjective
    8. unusual; odd; irregular: a freak epidemic.
    –verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
    9. to become or make frightened, nervous, or wildly excited: The loud noise caused the horse to freak.
    —Verb phrase
    10. freak out, Slang.
    a. to enter into or cause a period of irrational behavior or emotional instability, as under the influence of a drug: to be freaked out on LSD.
    b. to lose or cause to lose emotional control from extreme excitement, shock, fear, joy, despair, etc.: Seeing the dead body freaked him out.

The whole point was that Eric thought the guidos were freaking out about nothing. Really, what were they upset about? The speed of the car behind them? What has that got to do with anything. People who freak out, are called, freaks...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Who's to say Eric didn't mean it in a homophobic way? I'm not saying he did, but it doesn't mean he was going by some dictionary definition, either. Frankly, I think the Guidos were justified in their reaction to Eric's immature little stunt. He acts like some horny wannabe frat boy who thinks he's funny, but as some other posters pointed out-he's just not. I think he was trying to get something started with them, but failed.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-20-2007 at 03:13 PM.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2287846;
    Yes that was very homophobic and also later on describing them as older women past their prime, and as a pair of queens.
    Oh I'd forgotten about the queens comment. He's truly an idiot. And not at all funny.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

By no means am I defending Eric....didn't think too much of him the first time around and my opinion of him this time has not changed much at all....but how does Eric interact with Danny and Oswald? I haven't really seen much interaction between these two teams at all. I don't think I have ever seen him treating Danny and Oswald the same way he treats Team Guido.

I think Eric still has it in for the Guidos after one of them stood in front of their car and wouldn't let them go (this was after the Guidos got upset that Eric and Danielle were eavesdropping when they were getting directions from a local). Like mentioned earlier, eavesdropping seems to happen all the time in these races. The Guidos could have said something like "Excuse me...do you mind?" taken the local a few steps away, gotten the directions and left. But they lowered themselves to Eric's level by standing in front of the car in retaliation. And of course, Eric's maturity level being what it is, he feels like Team Guido is the only team at fault in that incident.

On Sunday night, the Guidos got annoyed that Eric and Danielle were trying to pass them. However, this was at a point when none of the teams were actually driving themselves.....they had drivers. It would have definitely been different if Eric had been driving, but he wasn't nor was Joe or Bill. So, guys, let it go! Take the higher road, especially since Eric and Danielle never did pass them.

Is Eric a jerk? Definitely. Calling the Guidos queens is derogatory. Calling them old women is just his stupidness coming out. Same with calling them freaks. He is probably the only one who does think he is funny. I bet Danielle is finding out just how annoying he can be on this trip.

But both Eric and Team Guido need to ignore each other and get over whatever slights they might be perceiving. And all of them need to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2288632;
    By no means am I defending Eric....didn't think too much of him the first time around and my opinion of him this time has not changed much at all....but how does Eric interact with Danny and Oswald? I haven't really seen much interaction between these two teams at all. I don't think I have ever seen him treating Danny and Oswald the same way he treats Team Guido.

I think Eric still has it in for the Guidos after one of them stood in front of their car and wouldn't let them go (this was after the Guidos got upset that Eric and Danielle were eavesdropping when they were getting directions from a local). Like mentioned earlier, eavesdropping seems to happen all the time in these races. The Guidos could have said something like "Excuse me...do you mind?" taken the local a few steps away, gotten the directions and left. But they lowered themselves to Eric's level by standing in front of the car in retaliation. And of course, Eric's maturity level being what it is, he feels like Team Guido is the only team at fault in that incident.

On Sunday night, the Guidos got annoyed that Eric and Danielle were trying to pass them. However, this was at a point when none of the teams were actually driving themselves.....they had drivers. It would have definitely been different if Eric had been driving, but he wasn't nor was Joe or Bill. So, guys, let it go! Take the higher road, especially since Eric and Danielle never did pass them.

Is Eric a jerk? Definitely. Calling the Guidos queens is derogatory. Calling them old women is just his stupidness coming out. Same with calling them freaks. He is probably the only one who does think he is funny. I bet Danielle is finding out just how annoying he can be on this trip.

But both Eric and Team Guido need to ignore each other and get over whatever slights they might be perceiving. And all of them need to grow up!
    Even Team Guido said that they shouldn't have stepped in front of Eric/Danielle's car and later in Mozambique after the car passing incident one of the Guido's cried 'peace', 'peace', 'peace'. I know this is a very competitive race and tempers are flaring, but Team G does seem to realize when they have done wrong and are trying to make peace. Eric does not even seen to realize an olive branch was handed to him and he is like an annoying Energizer Bunny, he just keeps going and going and going.

To the Point
    I didn't perceive the "peace, peace, peace" as an olive branch! I seriously doubt that anyone else did either. It was not said with an intonation that would indicate any true desire to have peace, except for maybe the 'get the heck away' kind. Quido was absolutely no more mature in this than Eric, and I'm not a huge Eric fan. I'm actually finding it difficult to find someone to like this season. You know, what's really sad is that I can remember pretty much all of the team names, except the one I still find amusing and fun to watch. The one's that chased Phil last week, now they are fun and funny.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2289876;
    I didn't perceive the "peace, peace, peace" as an olive branch! I seriously doubt that anyone else did either. It was not said with an intonation that would indicate any true desire to have peace, except for maybe the 'get the heck away' kind. Quido was absolutely no more mature in this than Eric, and I'm not a huge Eric fan. I'm actually finding it difficult to find someone to like this season. You know, what's really sad is that I can remember pretty much all of the team names, except the one I still find amusing and fun to watch. The one's that chased Phil last week, now they are fun and funny.
    I agree that the Peace comment was not an olive branch..I think they just did not want to get into it with Eric at that time. Eric appears to be in a very competive mode but I do think he was playing with the Guido's when he was pretending to pass them by speeding up. I think the whole moment was just blown up to create a rivalry between the two teams.
    What was also funny was when Ozzy got out of the car and said something like what's going on kids, like he knew there was a tift and then him chasing Phil at the Mat was great. I love Ozzy.

CCL
    I have to say, I laughed hysterically when they got pulled off the flight. Wouldn't have done so if it had been a team I liked but I can't stand these two. And did Eric really think anyone was going to give up their seats to him for 50? Have to say, Phil looked really tired when he checked Eric & Danielle in. Seems like he got a nap in before the last two teams arrived, as he seemed more chipper.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)