+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian - All Stars

Teri and Ian - All Stars

Teri - 53, Palm City, FL, Homemaker
    Ian - 54, Palm City, FL, Private investigator/Retired police LT.
    Season 3 runner-up

Second place in Season 3 just wasn't good enough for this dynamic duo. Teri and Ian are still the oldest players to ever finish the Amazing Race and they are back to show that they haven't lost a step. One of the fan favorites from all the seasons of Race, Teri and Ian both have fiery personalities and a determination to win. Married for 25 years with three kids, they were by far one of the most competitive teams to ever Race. Both admit that the biggest similarity between them is that they both always think they are right, which can lead to a good amount of healthy bickering. Teri describes herself as fun, interesting and adventurous while Ian describes himself as tenacious, adventurous and candid. Both are very active and enjoy biking and traveling. When asked which team they would model their style of play after, both quickly answer, "Teri and Ian." They are proud of the way they played and aren't looking to make any changes this time around.

One of the most functional dysfunctional marriages I've ever witnessed!

GO TEAM-IN-NEED-OF-MARRIAGE-COUNSELING"!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I liked Teri/Ian okay. Of all the token old couples that have ever raced, these two are third on my list (behind Dave/Margaretta and Bob/Joyce). So I guess I'm glad they are filling in that slot, but I don't have high hopes for them to last long.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Even though I have watched every season, I hate to say it but I don't remember this team!
    Maybe after watching them on AS I'll remember them......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Leo
    Premium Member
    Two words: disposable undies. That should help you jog your memory, 'bama.

(And my apologies for anyone grossed out right now.)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2216659;
    Two words: disposable undies. That should help you jog your memory, 'bama.

(And my apologies for anyone grossed out right now.)
    NOW I remember.........um...geez... thanks Leo!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well I can't remember anything they did on their original season because I started watching season 5. Other than something they did with disposable underpants and getting second place, what was memorable about them?
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 01-26-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: I typed "need" instead of "did"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2216670;
    Well I can't remember anything they need on their original season because I started watching season 5. Other than something they did with disposable underpants and getting second place, what was memorable about them?
    Ian yelled at Teri a lot (he yelled a lot in general that I remember)...and she nearly lost her pants on the way to the PS but Ian told her to keep going anyway even though they were falling down Other than that-not much. Oh, Ian did have a pretty cool MacGyver moment when he (along with several other teams) put the wrong kind of fuel in their cars in Portugal and he siphoned it out. It was cooler than Flo/Zach walking back to the gas station (with a typical Flo meltdown in the process), Aaron crying by the side of the road, or Michael/Kathy just giving up and waiting the next day to get help.

For those interested, TAR3 is airing again on GSN. It just started Tuesday night. Of course, it is on at 3 a.m. (2 a.m. for any 2 hour episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2216681;
    Ian yelled at Teri a lot (he yelled a lot in general that I remember)...and she nearly lost her pants on the way to the PS but Ian told her to keep going anyway even though they were falling down Other than that-not much. Oh, Ian did have a pretty cool MacGyver moment when he (along with several other teams) put the wrong kind of fuel in their cars in Portugal and he siphoned it out. It was cooler than Flo/Zach walking back to the gas station (with a typical Flo meltdown in the process), Aaron crying by the side of the road, or Michael/Kathy just giving up and waiting the next day to get help.

For those interested, TAR3 is airing again on GSN. It just started Tuesday night. Of course, it is on at 3 a.m. (2 a.m. for any 2 hour episodes).
    Thanks for all the info karalott.

It'll be interesting to see if Ian's changed since his season. He really was a jerk to Terri way too often. But every now and then, she could give as good as she got, and it was funny when she did. What intrigued me about Terri and Ian was that even though he was the way he was, it was still obvious that he loved Terri very much (he actually had some sweet moments in the episode task where the teams were given cell phones and allowed to call home to their families). I liked the way he would call Terri "mother" sometimes. And I liked how she seemed genuinely touched and happy that Ian was able to revisit Vietnam and have some good memories and appreciation of the country. In spite of his personality, this is a couple who have a solid relationship and obviously love each other.

I remember in their post-season interviews, he said he was embarassed by the way he came off in the aired episodes and agreed he shouldn't have spoken to Terri so harshly. So I hope he's learned to mellow somewhat.

Also, Terri looks good with her hair longer now
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast