+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian - All Stars

LG.
    I just realized that I should have specified that Ian had been a Marine and not a "solider" (as doesn't solider imply army? I'm not an expert), but I do remember his Boo-Yah yelling when they were repelling. Jesse Ventura was governor of my state at the time and his fake Boo-Yahs were very annoying compared to Ian's hard earned ones. Speedbump would know this. . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie
    i remember teri and ian..... they were my favorite their season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2216745;
    It'll be interesting to see if Ian's changed since his season. He really was a jerk to Terri way too often. But every now and then, she could give as good as she got, and it was funny when she did. What intrigued me about Terri and Ian was that even though he was the way he was, it was still obvious that he loved Terri very much (he actually had some sweet moments in the episode task where the teams were given cell phones and allowed to call home to their families). I liked the way he would call Terri "mother" sometimes. And I liked how she seemed genuinely touched and happy that Ian was able to revisit Vietnam and have some good memories and appreciation of the country. In spite of his personality, this is a couple who have a solid relationship and obviously love each other.

I remember in their post-season interviews, he said he was embarassed by the way he came off in the aired episodes and agreed he shouldn't have spoken to Terri so harshly. So I hope he's learned to mellow somewhat.

Also, Terri looks good with her hair longer now
    I'm quoting my own post above so that I can amend it just a little bit. I was watching Teri and Ian again a couple of hours ago on GSN (GSN is currently airing their season in their TAR reruns), and I started noticing more things that I had missed the first time around. Or at least, some things I should have paid more attention to then.

You know, Teri really did give as good as she got, regarding Ian. She held her own quite well, in fact, lol. I guess he got the most flack for it from viewers partly because the editors really did a good job emphasising some of his worst moments, but also because his voice is much louder and gruffer than Teri's. But one thing Teri wasn't, was a wallflower. She snarked right back at him, and it wasn't rare for her to yell at him, either. I don't think he ever yelled at her and didn't get snarked back at by Teri right away. In fact, he quite often apologized pretty quickly.

And in most episodes, you see them holding hands in places you wouldn't normally expect it. For instance, most of the male/female teams would hold hands as they approached the pit stop mat. But elsewhere, you couldn't always find that kind of touching. But Teri and Ian could be seen in the background holding hands a lot, or with her head resting on his shoulder. No matter how good they both were at their verbal snarkiness with each other, there's no denying that these two had a loving and solid relationship. And for that reason, I do enjoy watching these two. It's makes me smile to see them snarking at each other loudly one minute, then in the next scene or two, you see them in the background walking and holding hands.

Goshdarnit, I like these two
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I too have been watching Season 3 on GSN. For most of the season I found Ian really annoying with his constant yelling at Teri. He did grow on me for a number of reasons. Teri and Ian made it to the final 3 without ever making any alliances. The other teams had shifting alliances, but at no point did any other team offer them any help. The other teams tried to mislead them as much as possible. When Teri pointed out where Derek and Drew left their clue behind, they still wouldn't share any information. They even refused to admit that Teri was of any help to them, saying that they would have found the clue themselves.
    Secondly, as Nemeses pointed out Teri did fight back and they did clearly love each other. Unlike other teams that fought, that was always evident.
    I was also impressed how Ian reacted to being back in Vietnam after having fought there during the war. He really seemed to be happy to have the opportunity to be back and to like the Vietnamese.
    Finally, I would just like to see him do well because I can relate to his age group.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Have you noticed, William, how Teri sometimes pronounces Ian's name as 'ee yan" and sometimes it's "eye an"? It looks like when she's most relaxed and less stressed that she says "ee yan", but when she was yelling at him to help her, for instance, she says "eye an". Kinda like when I was growing up, I knew I was in trouble if my mom used both my first and middle name to call me. I guess this is how Ian knows what's coming, lol. It's cute.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I did notice her calling him "eye-an" and thought it strange. I had never heard the name pronounced that way. I didn't notice when she was doing it, though. I will watch to see how she pronounces his name this season. Maybe watching for it, might make this season interesting.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2216337;
    One of the most functional dysfunctional marriages I've ever witnessed!

GO TEAM-IN-NEED-OF-MARRIAGE-COUNSELING"!!!
    Hee! I love that!

I still remember the whole "Ian, help me pull up my pants!" / "This is more important than your pants" incident. <-- someone help me correct that, because I know it isn't 100% accurate.

I think Teri and Ian will be painful to watch. The first time was entertaining (disposable underwear and all) but I don't think I can take them a second time.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2245956;
    Hee! I love that!

I still remember the whole "Ian, help me pull up my pants!" / "This is more important than your pants" incident. <-- someone help me correct that, because I know it isn't 100% accurate.

I think Teri and Ian will be painful to watch. The first time was entertaining (disposable underwear and all) but I don't think I can take them a second time.
    This time I think I'm going to enjoy them more than the first time, because now I know Teri isn't being abused and knowing that this is just the way they are with each other and there's a lot of love there between them. And they're a couple of smart cookies, too, but they'll always be interesting.

Go Teri and Ian!

FORT Fogey
    My favorite team so far. I doubt they win but I absolutely love to see Ian enjoying the race so much.

Go Ian and Teri!

Watching Teri and Ian's mat interview at CBS's Innertube site, and all I can say is... wayyyyy more than I needed to know about Ian's underwear situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast