+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob and Amber - All Stars

Quote Originally Posted by js17;2216531;
    oooooohhhh nooo....... i wanted them to get eliminated the whole season......
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2216673;
    I give them a A+ for entertainment value. It is even more entertaining because they ( mostly Rob) are a couple people love to hate. That makes it kind of fun and even this thread is less bland and more fun than some of the others. Entertaining !
    Um... no, not everyone "loves to hate" them. For me to love to hate them, they'd have had to at least entertain me, which they didn't. The Guidos were someone I loved to hate. Ian was someone I loved to hate. Tara (from Will & Tara) was someone I loved to hate. And there were others. But Rob and Amber weren't entertaining to me. People who see someone on the side of a road where there had been a vehicle accident with at least one person obviously injured, and they just laugh and don't even slow down to see if help is needed -- much less stop to check -- are not entertaining to me, they're just reminders that there truly are human beings in the world who aren't worth wasting oxygen on. And the attitude that this is a race not a social event doesn't excuse such behavior. Yes, it's a race and a tv show, but simple human decency is worth much more than a million dollars. And then to laugh about it just sealed it for me that both of them are nothing more than bags of slime without any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Love to hate them? No. I detest them. Period.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2216744;
    Um... no, not everyone "loves to hate" them. For me to love to hate them, they'd have had to at least entertain me, which they didn't. The Guidos were someone I loved to hate. Ian was someone I loved to hate. Tara (from Will & Tara) was someone I loved to hate. And there were others. But Rob and Amber weren't entertaining to me. People who see someone on the side of a road where there had been a vehicle accident with at least one person obviously injured, and they just laugh and don't even slow down to see if help is needed -- much less stop to check -- are not entertaining to me, they're just reminders that there truly are human beings in the world who aren't worth wasting oxygen on. And the attitude that this is a race not a social event doesn't excuse such behavior. Yes, it's a race and a tv show, but simple human decency is worth much more than a million dollars. And then to laugh about it just sealed it for me that both of them are nothing more than bags of slime without any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Love to hate them? No. I detest them. Period.
    Amen to that!

I will also add there is nothing wrong with going on a reality show and trying to win a millon dollars if thats what you want to do (I have this secret fantasy of being on survivor myself), But they had their shot twice and Amber even won the damn thing that should be the end of it in my opinion. This constant need to be on everything and play out their personal lives in front of the camera is beyond me. I do believe alot of it comes about because of Rob and not Amber who from what I have seen is content to live out her life in Florida. He always has some idea (get rich quick scheme) and she gives in because she wants to make him happy (like the pro poker thing, she has expressed that she is not happy about it one bit). His idea of competition is to be viscious and ruthless to get ahead and he is always looking for an angle which in my opinion proves to me he is the wannabe that he is and not a true champion who uses what is within themselves to succeed not manipulation or dirty tactics to do so. I really do abore the thought of another season of anything in which I have to be subjected to them and their (his) need for fame. I may be alone in this but I think there comes a time when enough is enough. Get a real job like everyone else and move on.

yes, I do know they were approached by the show and not the other way around and no, I am not a fan of any all-stars editions of anything. It has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike the contestents it is because I think the beauty of survivor and amazing race and all the other shows is that it is a once in a lifetime experience and in my eyes it cheapens it when some are given a second chance at something others will never be able to experience.
    Again just my opinion.

For those that would say "Then dont watch it". More than likely I wont.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Fogey
    What did Rob do to change the Amazing Race?

I think Rob's a riot. He sure makes it interesting. I don't think it would have been all-stars without them. Part of my entertainment is watching Amber put up with him. She must have the patience of a saint. While he is rude and arrogant and cocky, there is just that thing that makes me like him all the more. I love Boston and all New England accents. To some people it sounds like nails on a chalkboard, but to me it just sounds like home.
    I have this feeling that these guys might just become Charla and Mirna's equivelent to Colin and Christy.

Ugh. They've each been on Survivor twice, and now are on TAR for the second time. That's just a tad excessive. I was happy when TAR 7 ended that I would (hopefully) never see them on my TV screen again. I hope they are eliminated as soon as possible. But I can see them lasting a while.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2216833;
    Nothing. He brought over some of his Survivor skills, which I personally don't care to see in a game that doesn't require them, and his way of thinking. He was the only one to do it; to change the game, for me, means other seasons contestants would have followed suit (and the way it's worded, you'd think Rob did just that). The only thing that people can say Rob changed the game about was getting 3 other teams to quit a RB with him and take a penalty (something I doubt he'll do this season; hopefully he gets stuck eating a big old plate of cow lips). Other things he's given credit for other teams have done before him.

Ugh. They've each been on Survivor twice, and now are on TAR for the second time. That's just a tad excessive. I was happy when TAR 7 ended that I would (hopefully) never see them on my TV screen again. I hope they are eliminated as soon as possible. But I can see them lasting a while.
    You know they'll get Yielded the first chance another team gets. I never thought I'd love that concept so much Hopefully the 30 minute penalty rule is still in effect for NEL, because I have a feeling the first leg Romber comes in last somehow they'll get saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2216833;
    Forgoing the eating roadblock, taking the time penalty and then convincing a few others to do the same was a brilliant move.

Personality opinions aside, they raced a great race. They didn't lurk in the background but played agressively and took chances.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I don't find Rob rude and arrogant, I see it as straightforward and confident. I am a BIG Rob fan, and can't wait to see him on TAR again. I could do without Amber, though.

They are very strong racers, and I think Rob's cute as can be. Yes, I'm shallow.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I can stand to see those two anytime as long as Amber is there because she's so darn gorgeous. Oh yeah and like Suncat said, they race pretty good too.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread