+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

I'm sorry to see them go. They definately were not up to Romber standards, but they did add a different flavor. And this time Mary did not screech at David any more than Mirna screeches at Charla or Kevin yelled at Drew. I'm glad Mary was able to conquer a few fears and David took steps out of his comfort zone. I wish them the best in the future and in the more recent past, I hope they enjoyed their time at the Elimination Station.

Goodbye David and Mary - it was fun to watch you.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm with you. I was disappointed for their loss. What I did like was at the very end of the show, they both said how much they loved each other, and that they understood each other better. I knew he was crazy about that woman! They just interact differently than people think they should. If it works for them, I'm all for it! They would need several more races before they got the hang of how it's done successfully.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I, for one, was not disappointed to see them go. I don't think they belonged in an "ALL-STAR" race anyway, but that is a completely different story.

They were not good racers and had no understanding on the underlying concept of The Amazing Race...and, they were extremely annoying last season and were only slightly less annoying this season.

I wish Charla and Mirna had gone before them, but I am in no way disappointed by their departure!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2266024;
    What I did like was at the very end of the show, they both said how much they loved each other, and that they understood each other better. I knew he was crazy about that woman! They just interact differently than people think they should.
    Ha! David didn't really say anything, he just sat there smiling. My co-viewer was laughing hysterically.

As for them not being of the same caliber as Romber...well, in my opinion, it would be a pretty poor race (or boring, at the very least) if everyone was a superathlete. I like watching normal people attempt to go beyond their perceived limits. I think David & Mary did pretty well, overall. I think what got them mostly was their persistance in continuing on in the direction they were going, even when it was wrong, rather than stopping and turning back (happened a couple of times).
    As for Mary being peeved at Charla & Mirna...well, Mirna pretty much had the same reaction when David & Mary passed her! So I guess they weren't the only ones feeling that way. But, of course, in the end it is a race, and everyone has to realize "friendships" in the race only go so far.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular
    I am a little sorry to see them go... I think they are not in the same league as most of the teams that were picked for all stars and being nice can only get you so far in this race.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    I think i stood up and did a little Amber dance when i saw they were last. I was not at all sad to see them go.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2266058;
    They were not good racers and had no understanding on the underlying concept of The Amazing Race...and, they were extremely annoying last season and were only slightly less annoying this season.
    I totally agree. Those are the exact reasons I couldn't stand them. They didn't belong on all-stars. They were usually at the back of the pack in both races. I was happy to see them go.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    My grandfather trained thoroughbreds. He had a saying. "Somebody's got to be last."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    I'm glad they're gone. Mary had no clue how to navigate. David did really well with the fish, but Mary totally blew it for them by not reading the road signs. Now if Charla and Mirna get Philiminated next week, I'll be totally happy!

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    At The Elimination Station Mary tried to blame David for the loss.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread