+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

CCL
    Mary was pretty quick on the draw during the roadblock. Good for her. Too bad she didn't keep her mouth shut or Kevin would not have overheard her crowing out the location. That was silly. But it was only Kevin so maybe she'll learn for the future.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Still can't stand them. I thought it was weird of Mary to just decide that she was "dissatisfied" with Charla & Mirna because they passed her and David. It's a race. It doesn't make sense to decide you don't like another team just because they're trying to get to the pit stop quickly. They didn't seem to be in a really close alliance with them before that anyway.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate;2257148;
    Still can't stand them. I thought it was weird of Mary to just decide that she was "dissatisfied" with Charla & Mirna because they passed her and David. It's a race. It doesn't make sense to decide you don't like another team just because they're trying to get to the pit stop quickly. They didn't seem to be in a really close alliance with them before that anyway.
    Mary can't get past the fact that actions in the race do not reflect normal, friendly relationships in the regular daily world, nor always represent what a person is like outside of the race. This will be their downfall again this time around.
    I love TAR!

I think - I hope - Mary is gaining wisdom this time around. There must have been a build up to her disappointment with Chmirna before she made the statement about not helping them anymore. If you go to Finish Line at CBS with the Kevin/Drew interview, they make mention of it. The next leg will be key. I hope both Mary and David keep their wits about them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBuff;2257646;
    Mary can't get past the fact that actions in the race do not reflect normal, friendly relationships in the regular daily world, nor always represent what a person is like outside of the race. This will be their downfall again this time around.
    I couldn't agree with you more! She sometimes forgets that this is a race and sometimes you can't play nice...all of these teams have been here before and they want to win...I would believe that tensions were at an all time high with these teams. They are all competetive and want to be nice but this is not the real world...this is their reality of the moment. You always here how much the teams really like each other when the show is over. Mary needs to toughen up and stop trying to make nice!

They are gone. At least the show will be half quiet now. But once Mirna and Charla are gone the show will be so quiet they will have to add captions so we will know what everyone is saying.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2265652;
    They are gone. At least the show will be half quiet now. But once Mirna and Charla are gone the show will be so quiet they will have to add captions so we will know what everyone is saying.
    Ha! That's hilarious. I'm envisioning the silence now. I can't stand their yelling.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Mary go. David was fine, but Mary drove me crazy with her shrew-like screeching at David. It was so funny how David was kind of acting squeamish like Danielle about the fish, but then he dug deep and did the task in pretty decent time.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 03-05-2007 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2265656;
    Ha! That's hilarious. I'm envisioning the silence now. I can't stand their yelling.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Mary go. David was fine, but Mary drove me crazy with her shrew-like screeching at David. It was so funny how David was kind of acting squeamish like Danielle about the fish, but then he dug deep and did the task in pretty decent time.
    The ones who were squeamish or afraid of the fish should be happy they weren't being asked to eat 4 lbs of it
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Gotta admit that this time around, I just couldn't stand them. Well, they are still nice people, but it was obvious they weren't competent at racing. The whole "friends" thing got old and while Charla & Mirna aren't the nicest ladies in town, I didn't see anything wrong with them passing D&M. Sorry, its a race, deal with it.

Well its a good thing they're eliminated. Now they can go reunite with the Chos, who they clearly miss, both emotionally and competitively.

I'm watching David and Mary's Elimination Station clip and I just had to laugh at Mary again. In response to Drew's question to David/Mary about what happened with thier alliance with Charla/Mirna, Mary got all upset again and just can't believe C/M would actually pass them. And Mary proved again that she really really doesn't understand that being in a race means you should want to come in ahead of someone else.

Mary's line, about Charla and Mirna passing them: "I didn't like the way they played their game.... You know, I'll step on the mat with someone before I'll beat them."

Did anyone mention to Mary that in order to win the race, you do actually have to step on the mat ahead of others?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread