+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

karalott, I always like them and hoped that they'd win. I'd love to see that happen but we know it won't.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2218289;
    karalott, I always like them and hoped that they'd win. I'd love to see that happen but we know it won't.
    Don't get me wrong Muduh. I like them too, and even liked them in the beginning when not many people were on the bandwagon. I started losing the love when they and the Chos started taking the alliance more seriously than the game, and especially post show when they said that was their sole plan was to get into an alliance to help carry them through the race. I'd like to think they had a plan b for a game that doesn't really require alliances. I just don't think they deserved an AS spot or to even be called that (I just hate the term AS). I wouldn't have a problem with them winning if it were to happen, however, depending on who they were up against in the end. I actually wonder whether it's more an advantage or disadvantage to these two and Dustin/Kandice since they were only home about two months after filming TAR10 before they packed up and headed out for TAR11

Your last comment made me think of something I read earlier. Other people were probably asked to participitate but couldn't. Some people can probably take off for one series but many couldn't just keep on and on. Many jobs can't wait until the employee gets finished with their extra curricular activities can they? So AS is just a term to me and doesn't signify a whole lot.

Again, a great team in terms of heart and character, but a team that will go early and not be around when we get to the middle let alone the end.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2217986;
    See, this is what I don't get about them being fan favorites. Everyone couldn't wait for them to get eliminated because Mary was always yelling at David (and many couldn't stand the sound of her screeching). But as soon as they get eliminated and Mary starts crying about her kids, everyone seems to love them
    If you're referring to me, I also liked them from the beginning and it wasn't their elimination that 'turned' me. In fact, I don't remember a lot of people hoping they'd get eliminated at all. I think a lot of people didn't like the way she treated David at times, but that's how some husbands and wives interact. They were a long way from how Rob & Kim treated each other.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    I could see them dumb lucking their way to the middle. Again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi;2218657;
    If you're referring to me, I also liked them from the beginning and it wasn't their elimination that 'turned' me. In fact, I don't remember a lot of people hoping they'd get eliminated at all. I think a lot of people didn't like the way she treated David at times, but that's how some husbands and wives interact. They were a long way from how Rob & Kim treated each other.
    I wasn't referring specifically to you, just in general (sorry, I should have made that clear before using your quote ) True, after a couple of episodes, the villians emerged in Bama, Peter, and Rob/Kimberly that Mary was more annoying than a villian and soon was only criticized for being a bonehead along with the Chos. I do remember that quite a few people wanted them eliminated early on, especially after the first episode, even if that was their dynamic of how they treat each other. I don't expect every team to come into this race and be the perfect couple and not yell or get frustrated with each other. I'm more amazed when teams don't do that. For me, I was sad when they were eliminated but it was a long time coming and there were a few other teams I would have liked to have seen survive over them.

I remember a lot of people disliking them because they considered them to be"dumb". I never felt that way about them and I also realize that not everyone has a college degree. That doesn't make them dumb by any means. They are exactly the sort of hard working people I'd like to see get ahead.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    David! Mary
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm curious as to which other teams David & Mary can form an alliance with because considering that this is already all-stars, everyone is going for that 2nd shot at a million (save for Uchenna & Joyce who are going for another mill) and would do anything to outrun/outmuscle/outwit each other. I don't see any team in the mold of Erwin & Godwin here. I'm also pretty sure that Dustin & Kandice might have already sounded off the others on how these two are like as racers behind the camera. Just my thoughts.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

+ Reply to Thread