+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Uchenna and Joyce - All Stars

I agree she looks great with the short hairdo also. I think most of the appeal of these two came from Uchenna, because he really is a likeable guy, and the way he tried to help out the old couple from their season was very sweet of him and showed he's a good guy at heart. Not saying she isn't nice also, his was just more obvious is all. And I'm glad to see they're still together.

I do wish TAR would stop saying that "they" shaved their heads though, since it was only her that had to -- he already having a shaved head, he didn't have to do it in that task. I'm sure he would have if he'd had hair, but when they keep saying "they" shaved their heads, that little inaccuracy bugs me a little.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I agree this team is so nice. I was so glad they beat Romber and hope they do well this time too.
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

I like them a lot. They were very deserving winners. I hope they do well this season, but I don't really want them to win again (I'd rather have a non-winning team win AS).
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Fogey
    They were probably my favorite race team of all time. I loved the way that they really stuck with each other without so much of the "We're losing and it's all your fault" fights that many couples on the show get in to. And I LOVED the way that they really seemed to appreciate and enjoy all the the places they went to. They stayed competitive, but also appreciated how special it was to do things like going down the Nile.

I really like these two. Anyone know if they were able to have a baby which was why the were in the race last time, money for fertility treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by gemgirlco.com;2218138;
    Anyone know if they were able to have a baby
    According to their CBS interview, they haven't yet been successful in having a baby. Interesting sidenote: Uchenna and Joyce actually applied for TAR 6, and made it to the final group for interviews, but during that final time period where they would have had to say yes they were available, it turned out that they thought Joyce might be pregnant, so they didn't want to chance anything and they said no to TAR 6. Unfortunately, she wasn't pregnant after all, and they applied again when TAR7 started taking applications.

I think U & J would make great parents, so here's wishing them best of luck in becoming just that, whether by traditional means or otherwise.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Is it his fault or her fault they can't have babies?

Whoever it is, I really wish them the best of luck.

I never cared for them but she looks really cute with that hairdo. It makes her look much younger and neater. I thought she was beautiful with her shaved head too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2218145;
    Is it his fault or her fault they can't have babies?
    She had mentioned in one of the leg interviews of their season that it was she (Joyce) who had been unable to have children. She and Uchenna spoke about it after the leg where they visited the orphanage in South Africa, and spoke about how it renewed her desire to try to have children somehow or possibly adopt. It was a very moving and emotional leg for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2218421;
    She had mentioned in one of the leg interviews of their season that it was she (Joyce) who had been unable to have children. She and Uchenna spoke about it after the leg where they visited the orphanage in South Africa, and spoke about how it renewed her desire to try to have children somehow or possibly adopt. It was a very moving and emotional leg for them.
    Oh I remember now. That was an emotional leg for them, and it was probably emotional for the viewers, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast