+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kevin and Drew - All Stars

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    What happened to my frats? Kevin seemed so focused on Drew, and Drew looked like he could barely move. I'm surprised they'd even let him race in that condition. I'm sad to think that they probably won't make it only one or two more legs at the rate they're going. Drew's injuries aren't going to get better like that.

Yeah, definately not the same Drew here. I know he had surgery on his back a couple of years ago, and he mentioned to Joyce about the pills he has to carry around with him because of his bad back, so I'm wondering if he really should even be here. The whole episode I kept wondering if he was on pain meds, because he just had that kind of hazy look in his eye, and he just wasn't the same guy we knew from his original season. And in the mat chat, he even told Phil he probably shouldn't have come -- due to his bad back -- so I don't think we're going to get to see much of our old Drew's personality this race. And I hate to say it, but it'll probably be better for Drew if they get eliminated early, because otherwise, I don't see how he's not going to mess up his back a lot more -- probably doing permanent damage to it.

As much as I like the guys, I'd hate to see him get permanent damage done to his body.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    As much as I love the frats, when I hear them make a comment like that, it almost makes me wish they didn't come back, either. I guess it's just thinking of all the other teams that would have wanted to do it and been physically capable. But then again, who knows what team might have gotten on in their place so I guess I'll just be thankful But seeing how slow Drew was moving last night gave me another flashback to TAR1, when Phil said 'Go' for the very first time and all the teams are scrambling up the stairs to their bags-and here come Kevin/Drew putting along behind everyone. At least there's a lot of good TAR memories.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-19-2007 at 03:12 PM.

I didn't know Drew had a bad back. He could have easily aggravated his injury falling down to the ground getting out of the cab.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2249547;
    I didn't know Drew had a bad back. He could have easily aggravated his injury falling down to the ground getting out of the cab.
    It looked to me like he was tripped by the videographer.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

CCL
    It was painful to watch Drew last night. He clearly didn't want to be there. Too bad he couldn't have come onto the race fully healthy and strong. Oh, well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked Kevin and Drew in the previous race but, really, if you know you have a back problem and need pills to oveorcome the pain, you really shouldn't take up space in the race that another team would have loved to have taken.
    What?! Am I still here?

And here I always thought my back surgery would exclude me from applying!!!

I'm sorry to see them go, but they needed to. Drew wasn't up to the challenge, either physically or mentally.

I'm really not sorry to see them go. I don't know how they were in their original season, because I never saw it, but they were just painful to watch this time.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

JR.
    Lucy, if you get the chance, go back and watch their first season. They were nothing like we've seen here. They were fun, happy-go-lucky guys that you'd pay to hang out with. Drew just didn't seem right his time around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast