+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken and Gerard

Hmmm, I thought that each square had a pot in it.
    That's what I get for constantly flicking back and forth between this and the Bachelor.
    I guess riding a hirse a few metres then digging in just one of those blocks really wouldn't have been too difficult.
    I kind of assumed it was in one of them as they were both digging in the same block.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It's possible that each square had a pot, and that you needed all 6 pots to complete the challenge. If that's the case, then they DEFINITELY made the right decision to switch, because they didn't even find the pot in the square they were digging in.

If each square had a pot, and you only needed one of the pots (which, now that I think about it, kind of makes sense because there were 6 teams competing), then they made a poor choice.

I didn't tape it this week, so I can't go back and review to find out exactly what was up.

I didn't tape it either, we need cali to answer this.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I'll defer to Cali too, but I'm almost positive that there was a pot buried in each plot and that you only needed to find 1 pot to move on. The way they set up the detour challenges there are enough "challenge materials" for all teams to do either detour, so there were pots buried and plots outlined enough for each team to do both challenges (but only half of the "materials" get used). I've got to believe that they were seriously almost there, as they only needed 1 pot and they wouldn't have needed a translation.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think you're right LG.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'll rewatch later, but I think they only had to dig in one spot.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Otherwise, only 1 team could have done this detour option (if they had to dig up all 6 pots) and that's not how they have these set up. I think we saw the whole field and the brother just got tired of the digging. Maybe it was really tough soil, but if it was sandy then you wouldn't need to break it up like clay or rock.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree with LG...I think each team only needed to dig in one square, and K/G just got tired of it and changed to the other option...

I still wonder about the wisdom of that decsion.
    They now find themselves at their lowest placing for a while and as we know they have a tyre blow out this week which could cost them a lot of time.

I really have my hopes built up that these two can win.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have a feeling that at least Gerard can change a tire. Probably Ken, too. They won't be down for long.

But yes, if they only had to dig in one square (as it appears they did), then they made a mistake by stopping digging. But I still don't think they'll come anyplace close to being eliminated this leg.

By the way, Lobeck, I looked up at the top post on this page, and I wonder what you're trying to tell Ken & Gerard with a line of bananas and elephants...I'd be slightly insulted, if I were them.

+ Reply to Thread