+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220

Thread: 11/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #211
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,158
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;2139614;
    Yes, but a white person referring to a black person as "sista" is borderline racism. There are plenty of words the BQ's could have come up with to describe Bama without bringing "race" into it.
    I think we are getting way too PC Correct here. The Sista's have they own nicknames for the Barbie's and vice a versa. If it was me it would have been a lot nastier.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #212
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,302
    The producers know that nickname has the potential to create controversy, and they're probably encouraging Dustin & Kandice to use it. I don't think any harm is intended.

  3. #213
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26
    Interesting behind the scenes info about the cumulative effects of exhaustion from TAR4 cowinner Chip Arndt latest commentary on the official CBS TAR10 site's "Return of the Racers." He's since added some explanation about "Sequesterville."
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...p09/fans/rotr/

    "Exhaustion 101.

    Many people who watch the show don't realize that after the first week exhaustion can and does start to set in...why? Well, at the end of each leg (which has not ended for these folks yet) you don't just lounge around in your hotel room and chill out. If you are lucky enough not to get eliminated, you normally do the following:

    1. Spend an hour or two counting you money and filling out forms at the end of each leg for the producers
    2. take a long shower and possible bath, if the hotel room has one(not often enough), as your bones are tired.
    3. spend time chumming up with the concierge at the hotel, or some other employee, to have them help you get a cab for your next leg and to get the lay of the land of the town you are in...which usually happens while trying to avoid other teams doing the same thing...cat and mouse games, yes they happen ALL of the time
    3. wash your clothes...remember you have no money and you only have the clothes you ride in with. Imagine what the state of the racers clothes were after the mud run. I can tell you that Reichen's clothes after the bull ride pull in India were more than disgusting and it took us hours to get them "partially" clean for future racing = yuck! And don't forget what a nightmare it is for your shoes = you only have one pair!
    4. EAT! When you arrive at the end of a leg you are hungry and usually broke. When you stay at a hotel for a night, or maybe two, if that is a leg with extra rest, you want to fill up as it is FREE, but the laundry service was NOT free. Sooo...you eat and then order other food that may last longer in your pack, like a turkey or ham sandwich "sans" mayo and pack this extra food carefully.
    5. Travel...always, always, always figure out the nearest airport and bus, train or taxi cost(so you don't have drivers charge you too much, many countries don't have meters)to get there. Even if you are "forced" to take another form of transportation you should have these details just in case.
    6. Down time to talk about what you did wrong the last leg and what went well and strategize for the future.
    7. Make up time = private time = use your imagination = married couples might spend this time differently than "friend or family" teams. :-)
    8. Fraternizing with other teams...your choice on how long you do this, but a nice thing to do. We often loved laughing with David and Jeff, John and Kelly, Monica and Sheree and Tian and Jeree.
    8. SLEEP = hard to do when you are anxious about the next leg, but you try and NO sleep aids/drugs allowed.

    Okay so where does that leave you with time? Not much.

    Now, take the above and imagine week two, then week three, then week four, then week five...it builds and adds up to....you guessed it...

    Fatigue, frustration, arguments, not wanting to work with other teams as you see them as slowing you down (can you say Cho brothers)and finally...because you have spent over 40 days of your life away from family, friends, work and you realize that you just might be able to win the race...more intensity and anxiety as you focus on winning and this leads to even less sleep.

    Oh, the 40 days above breaks down to 5-7 days in a sequestered hotel PRIOR to the race for prep...with no access to other teams or the outside world and then 30-40 days doing the race.

    Aren't you exhausted just reading this? LOL"

  4. #214
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by mswood;2139257;
    Its called cleaning up and changing on the Train.

    Tyler & James did it partial before getting in the cab (which I am sure that cabbie and his later passengers will appreciate.

    I have gotten into a muddy cab before, and let me tell you I wasn't pleased at all. First that someone would do it, or that the driver couldn't have cleaned it up (or warned me so I sat up front).
    actually, the teams changed clothes before getting in the cabs. they're all wearing different clothes in the taxi to the train station

  5. #215
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    405
    Actually no.

    Tyler & James and erwin & Godwin change both shirts & Pants.

    ROb cahnges Shirts, Kim removes one layer of her top (she still is wearing the same black running undergarment) and both are wearing the same shorts.

    Bama changes top, its unclear if they also change pants as well.

    Dustin and Kandice don't cahnge anything (and you can clearly see the stains on the one who feell in the muddy water when at the train station.

  6. #216
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    150
    sorry, i meant the teams that did the dirtier detour

    Rob/Kimberley - kimberely took off the singlet, so just wore the black crop top underneath. rob changed shirts. i'm assuming Rob changed his shorts as well, because they look too dry having just been completely drenched in the mud. his shorts were flapping quite easily in the wind after running to platform 5. if it was muddy, it should've been stuck to his legs. same with Kimberley's black bike shorts. they could've had multiple pairs

    Cho Brothers - both changed tops and pants

    but my main point was that the models are attacked for changing, when in fact the other teams who did the dirtier task also took some time to change as well. i guess they're only being attacked because the show actually showed them changing and talking about the change

  7. #217
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,461
    Quote Originally Posted by *CaT*;2146515;
    but my main point was that the models are attacked for changing, when in fact the other teams who did the dirtier task also took some time to change as well. i guess they're only being attacked because the show actually showed them changing and talking about the change
    The Barbies said that they were surprised that the boys took the time to change, but I don't recall anyone attacking them for it. Those that crawled through the mud were all too dirty to get in a cab. I'm sure it felt terrible too. One of the Barbies had a muddy butt, but sitting on something would have made that OK to get in the cab.

  8. #218
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, AUS
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2146837;
    The Barbies said that they were surprised that the boys took the time to change, but I don't recall anyone attacking them for it.
    not other teams attacking them, people on forums. too many posts are "omgosh how stupid were the models for wasting time to change clothes. that's so dumb...... etc"

  9. #219
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    405
    Well when discusing it in the Cab, they do call them pretty boys, lame pretty boys. SO I do think that shows a little negative thought on their part for the guys changing clothes before the cab instead of during the train ride.

  10. #220
    So AMAZING!! Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael47;2145039;
    Interesting behind the scenes info about the cumulative effects of exhaustion from TAR4 cowinner Chip Arndt latest commentary on the official CBS TAR10 site's "Return of the Racers." He's since added some explanation about "Sequesterville."
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...p09/fans/rotr/

    "Exhaustion 101.

    Many people who watch the show don't realize that after the first week exhaustion can and does start to set in...why? Well, at the end of each leg (which has not ended for these folks yet) you don't just lounge around in your hotel room and chill out. If you are lucky enough not to get eliminated, you normally do the following:

    1. Spend an hour or two counting you money and filling out forms at the end of each leg for the producers
    2. take a long shower and possible bath, if the hotel room has one(not often enough), as your bones are tired.
    3. spend time chumming up with the concierge at the hotel, or some other employee, to have them help you get a cab for your next leg and to get the lay of the land of the town you are in...which usually happens while trying to avoid other teams doing the same thing...cat and mouse games, yes they happen ALL of the time
    3. wash your clothes...remember you have no money and you only have the clothes you ride in with. Imagine what the state of the racers clothes were after the mud run. I can tell you that Reichen's clothes after the bull ride pull in India were more than disgusting and it took us hours to get them "partially" clean for future racing = yuck! And don't forget what a nightmare it is for your shoes = you only have one pair!
    4. EAT! When you arrive at the end of a leg you are hungry and usually broke. When you stay at a hotel for a night, or maybe two, if that is a leg with extra rest, you want to fill up as it is FREE, but the laundry service was NOT free. Sooo...you eat and then order other food that may last longer in your pack, like a turkey or ham sandwich "sans" mayo and pack this extra food carefully.
    5. Travel...always, always, always figure out the nearest airport and bus, train or taxi cost(so you don't have drivers charge you too much, many countries don't have meters)to get there. Even if you are "forced" to take another form of transportation you should have these details just in case.
    6. Down time to talk about what you did wrong the last leg and what went well and strategize for the future.
    7. Make up time = private time = use your imagination = married couples might spend this time differently than "friend or family" teams. :-)
    8. Fraternizing with other teams...your choice on how long you do this, but a nice thing to do. We often loved laughing with David and Jeff, John and Kelly, Monica and Sheree and Tian and Jeree.
    8. SLEEP = hard to do when you are anxious about the next leg, but you try and NO sleep aids/drugs allowed.

    Okay so where does that leave you with time? Not much.

    Now, take the above and imagine week two, then week three, then week four, then week five...it builds and adds up to....you guessed it...

    Fatigue, frustration, arguments, not wanting to work with other teams as you see them as slowing you down (can you say Cho brothers)and finally...because you have spent over 40 days of your life away from family, friends, work and you realize that you just might be able to win the race...more intensity and anxiety as you focus on winning and this leads to even less sleep.

    Oh, the 40 days above breaks down to 5-7 days in a sequestered hotel PRIOR to the race for prep...with no access to other teams or the outside world and then 30-40 days doing the race.

    Aren't you exhausted just reading this? LOL"
    Thanks for this link! It gives me a better idea of what to expect! A girl friend and I are going to apply for TAR!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.