+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confessions of a Newbie TARist

Confessions of a Newbie TARist

Okay, I admit it, and am duly ashamed.

I know TAR is in it's 10th season now. I never watched TAR, and never felt a desire to, because none of it's advertising ever piqued my interest. So I happily went on my merry televiewing ways without ever passing the amazing yellow line.

Until recently.

Please.don't.hurt.me. I have seen the error of my ways.

But this past summer, the Game Show Network (GSN) added TAR to it's daily program list, and began showing all the old TAR seasons, beginning with season 1, episode 1. They show a new episode every day except Sunday, and are now up to season 4, episode 10 (yes, Millie and Chuck the virgins have just been eliminated). Since I like GSN and usually had it on in the background while working at home during the hours of TAR there, I finally got to see the show from the beginning, and now... yes, I am addicted.

I've been watching every show as shown, which means I'm catching up with the previous seasons/episodes. I'm still way behind the current season, but since GSN is showing it 6 days a week, it won't be too long before I'm caught up to the current season and can participate in the threads here. And I have to say I totally love the show, and have signed my TAR addict membership papers now.

So I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all you veteran TARists and submit myself to any punishment befitting the crime of being late to the party. I solemnly swear to watch all the GSN reruns of TAR until I'm caught up to the current season, and to then never get behind again.

Meanwhile, I'll just sit here in the back row of the TAR clubhouse seating and watch and learn from all of you who've kept up. And here's a to my pal Mrs CWebb, who I think is probably somewhere up in the front row.

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Nemeses!

Don't feel bad - I only started watching last season, too. Like you, the ads never drew me in. Now, I'm hopelessly addicted just like I am to Survivor (which is a good thing, right? ).
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Just do yourself a favor and skip the family version when it airs. But it's a great show. I've gotten burnt out on many reality shows, but TAR is still a gem even on season 10. Glad you made it!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    Hi Nemeses, I started watching TAR with the family version - bad timing I know. Now I am hopelessly addicted. I long for Sundays!

Welcome to the Herd!

I'm a bit envious. You will now watch great episodes/scenes for the first time, although one of the best things about TAR is its high replay value.

No need to be ashamed. We all start getting hooked somewhere (like I did 10 seasons ago)...good thing you're into it just when talks about an All-Star TAR are getting louder and louder for Season 11.

And I agree, skip the Family Edition. It is the worst of the lot.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

I've watched it since the beginning and I can't say that about any of the other reality shows (although I DID watch BOTH seasons of Joe Schmoo...)

I think it's a combination of clever games and a host who you'd like to sit down and have a beer with.

Quote Originally Posted by awaxy;2125448;
    I've watched it since the beginning and I can't say that about any of the other reality shows (although I DID watch BOTH seasons of Joe Schmoo...)

I think it's a combination of clever games and a host who you'd like to sit down and have a beer with.
    Yeah, Phil has been a good choice as host, and that he's been the host since day one gives the show a welcome continuity. And you're right, he seems like a down-to-earth good guy that you'd like having over for a beer or barbecue.

And by the way, for the catching up count as I watch GSN daily for the old TAR shows... I'm now into season 5, with episode 4 airing tonight. I believe it's known as the caviar-eating episode. Thank goodness that witch Allison and her Donny boy are gone now! I don't think I could have gotten thru this season watching much more of those 2.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread