+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well I hope James & Tyler start asking right people

Quote Originally Posted by mswood;2117973;
    As for the alpha Team.

It is still Tyer and James when you consider Pit Stop placement.

The statistics are as follows
    LEG 6
    Tyler & James average a pacement of 3.33
    Rob & Kimberly average a placement of 3.50
    Peter & Sarah average a placement of 3.66 (and are eliminated)
    Dustin & Kandice average a placement of 4.00
    Erwin and Godwin average a placement of 4.83
    David and Mary average a placement of 6.17
    Lyn and Karlyn average a placement of 6.50

To give some comparison to the rest of the history of the show.

At this point the best five records are (and at this point there are 61 teams that competeted in leg 6):
    Eric & Jeremy with a 1.33
    BJ & Tyler 2.00
    Joe & Bill (the Guido's) 2.17
    Ken & Gerard 2.33
    Kris & jon 2.50

Tyler and James are even with Rob and Brennan (season 1) and Charla and Mirna (season 5) and woud for all two person season be tied for 13 place.

Only one team at leg six had a worse average then Lyn and Karlyn and thats Teri and Ian (and they made final three)

The average score by teams that won the amazing race is: 3.81
    The average place for teams that came in 2cd place is: 3.50
    The Average place for teams that came in 3rd place is: 4.21

Based strikly on the math.

It appeasr that Dustin and Kandice are most likely to follow the mathematical path to 1st place.

It appears that Tyler & James are most likely to follow the path to 2cd.

And that Dustin and Kandice are almost equally likely to end up 3rd. .02 variance comapred to the first place numbers.
    And get back up to at least second place this number 6 & % is for the pits.

they were doing so good to just sudden fall way behind and stay there two weeks in a row . funny though that Peter & sarah start off great this race with that flight change then got lost driving . I think I be buying maps every pit stops to all countrys I could find because they have more infron then I think these all are having . I never want be on this show as hate hunting areas in strange places . it got be real nerve racking for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;2118581;
    Actually my C&K referred to Chip and Kim. But either way, I'm wrong. And now I remember that. They showed that on GSN back in the summer too. I think my memory is fading. I now remember clearly Brandon saying "I couldn't let her cut her beautiful hair." I bet Joychenna is glad they did it. She can buy a lot of extensions with $1 million! =)
    Joyce looked much better bald than with that rat's nest she had on her head.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Maidenlady;2118937;
    And get back up to at least second place this number 6 & % is for the pits.

they were doing so good to just sudden fall way behind and stay there two weeks in a row . funny though that Peter & sarah start off great this race with that flight change then got lost driving . I think I be buying maps every pit stops to all countrys I could find because they have more infron then I think these all are having . I never want be on this show as hate hunting areas in strange places . it got be real nerve racking for sure .
    Peter and Sarah did have a map (in fact I believe several teams did).

But they couldn't find it. Even with lots of help from locals they couldn't find it.

Its funny that they kept getting directed out of town and to the same location by several different locals.

It really appeared, that if teams got lucky and found a local who knew where it was they did okay. If they didn't then no sucj luck.

And all of them tried.

Most teams have so far been fairly good about getting maps.

Again, in a situation like this were a lot of people are given the wrong directions. or you are spending far to long trying to find it.

Best bet is a local hotel. They can at least give good directions (use the internet or directory assistance). And if you have enough extra cash (not always something they do some legs are very tight money wise) is then for that hotel to get a qualified cab driver to direct you.

FORT Fanatic
    They also once night fell became very uncomfortable. I guess not only was it a coluture thing with having a female out and in american style clothes after dark. But they also got directed once to a area where just hours before someone was executed by decapitation. Finally AR security got them out of that area.

We rarely see footage of that (last time was season Three with Andre and Damon when locals tried to get them to give up their passports (never a good idea in a foreign country)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2119230;
    Joyce looked much better bald than with that rat's nest she had on her head.
    I loved that whole sequence, though I am quite sure it was emotionally very difficult for her.

I thought Uchenna just shined, and I really appreciated her courage.

And she looked really radiant afterwards.

FORT Fanatic
    Damn just reading some more, apparently Peter and Sarah stopped and did get directions from 3 good hotels.

So that apparently didn't help much.

We saw a Cop didn't have a clue either.

But Peter and Sarah drove 457 miles in and around Kuwait City.

They never did find it. THe Producers ahd to direct them to the location. ANd by that time of course they were obviously last, by a significant amount. They were still looking at 8 pm.

FORT Regular
    Mswood, it seems like the "camel food" challenge was a remote place, that nobody knew, while the camel race was better known. I guess, locals know better where a leisure (touristy) area is, rather than a commonplace animal food store. Maybe it explained that the cop and most of the locals didn't know the name and the location.

As far as I remember, all the people who got lost were heading to the camel food challenge. It seems like Lyn and Karlyn who went to the camel race right away, didn't get lost, but it took some time to reach the racing club.

Dustin and Kandice impressed me in finding the location of the pit stop right away =) They are obviously good at reading maps, but they are very very unlucky to find clues (or to get cabbies who get lost and drop them at the wrong place).

Is it possible that the next leg is a NEL?

FORT Fogey
    I can't believe David and Mary are last AGAIN and its a NEL... I am sick of this...

+ Reply to Thread