+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

http://axn-asia.com/buzzsites/the_am...sia/press.html

The Amazing Race wants you!
    Your chance to be a part of the biggest, boldest adventure of a lifetime - THE AMAZING RACE ASIA!
    Singapore, 13 February 2006 - Ever wonder what it would be like to race against time across countries with only a backpack to your name? Does the thought of journeying through uncharted territory send a shiver of excitement down your spine? How about negotiating a taxi ride using sign language just because the driver doesn't speak your language? If you've answered yes to the above, The Amazing Race Asia wants you!

From 15 February 2006 to 15 March 2006, AXN is on the lookout for participants to join The Amazing Race Asia, the very first "made in Asia for Asia" version of the hugely popular globetrotting reality series, The Amazing Race. Fulfilling the aspirations of millions of die-hard Asian fans, a total of 10-12 teams will be selected to participate in the race (to be produced in a series of 13 episodes) - right on our very doorsteps! Each team will comprise two people with a pre-existing relationship, and the participants must be living or working in Asia (excluding Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the Middle East). All contestants are required to be 21 years and above; must be able to speak English, as well as possess both a valid driving licence and international passport. The first pair across the finishing line will be awarded US$100,000 in prize money.

With a total reach of over 77 million homes across Asia, The Amazing Race has become a signature series on AXN with millions of viewers tuning in to each episode. Many have become such ardent fans that they have sent in numerous requests to AXN, expressing their desire to be a part of the phenomenal show.

That chance has finally arrived. Ricky Ow, General Manager of SPE Networks - Asia, explains, "The Amazing Race Asia fulfils the aspirations of millions of die-hard Asian fans, offering viewers in Asia the chance of a lifetime to be a part of the Race. The series is AXN's biggest original production initiative to date and will span the width of our footprint in Asia not only in terms of production efforts, but also in terms of the level of participation by Asians, the overall sales and marketing, advertising and promotion campaign for this show. I am proud to say that The Amazing Race Asia will truly be a production made in Asia for Asians."

Any posters from Asia? As a TAR fan, I hope to see this edition as well.

What can I say?

hopefully it gets on air here too

I so want to join TAR asia but unfortunately... I'm only 19 yrs. old! Anyway, I'm wondering who'll be the host for this TAR asia...

it would be funny if phil pulled double duty for both TARs

to all TAR fans in Asia, please keep everyone updated on this show. Do you know if contestants will be going round the world?

CCL
    Cool! I seem to recall reading somewhere about them redoing the Australian game show Who Dares Wins for the Asian market so I guess it is not an unprecedented move. And they remake Idol all over the place. I wonder how it will stack up to the American version. It would be cool if they showed it in North America.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan
    yay, another international version of TAR... I know AXN is working on a version for people from Central Europe as well (which I heard about awhile ago, haven't heard any updates on it since however). Hopefully I'll find a way to watch them both.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    omigod!!! where do i line up????!!

I already submitted an application - me & my brother. I hope we get to be called. If we make it, then this board will be the first to know.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast