3. Howard/Sahran (SRI)
    4. Zabrina/Joe Jer (MAL)
    5. Sharon/Melody (SIN)
    6. Aubrey/Jaq (PHI)
    7. Andy/Laura (THA/UK)
    8. Andrew/Syeon (MAL/KOR)
    9. Sandy/Francesca (HKG)

______________________________ _________________
    Go to the Monkey Forest and find a clue hanging on the trees.

This monkey is passing out a clue. Cool.
    DETOUR #1: elephant riding @ the Elephant Safari Park in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia

ROADBLOCK: digging for a surfboard @ the Kuta beach.
    The surfboard is about 4 feet. All they have to do is dig a hole every 4 feet.

here's the sample

Some teams finish at night.
    Pitstop:

There're 13 episodes, 7 are eliminations, the rest are NEL and TBC.
    Sharon/Melody, Howard/Sahran, Mario bros, Andy/Laura, Sandy/Francesca, Sahil/Prashant are safe in this leg because they were spotted in Australia.
    Zabrina/Joe Jer, Aubrey/Jaq, Andrew/Syeon are in trouble.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banzai;2144559;

What language is this? Anyone knows? ??? (for episode #3)
    It's not a separate language - it's just numbers. I flipped the image left-to-right and what comes out is this:

I can't read what's on top, but the bottom line is clearly numbers - 0361-74542. I don't think it means anything in particular, though.

Its like {{ WOAH }} the_maeyune's Avatar
    Sandy kind of scares me. His muscles .. are B-I-G, bigger than big.
    I still yet to have a favourite for the show, though I guess I'm supporting Andrew & Syeon + Sabrina & Joe Jer - Local Love. <3

im waiting for someone to post a full episode 2 of TAR asia on the site that i watch it........

LOL @ howard making his whiney face.

So the 2 male models are now in the lead. Anyone knows where I can download latest episode ??

I saw the first 2 episodes. I liked it. It has it's flaws but also some things that the American one should think about.

- I liked how there was a 2 minute rule to finish a scary task or loose your turn. I hate when people with fears just keep the rest of the teams waiting. The 2 minute rule made everyone hurry up. Some cried and all but it was more exciting that way.

- The detour with the cart. I LOVED it!. they have to push the cart, sing a song and watch out for a bowl of soy sauce inside (if it spilled they had to do it again.) Made that simple task even more demanding. You could choose to sale some food inside the cart too but if you couldn't you had to eat it to continue.

Sorry about the typos. I just finish watching and wanted to post real quick before I forget.

The Brothers are really impressive for people out of shape coming second/first in the first legs.

Sahil/Prashant (IND)
    2. Mardy/Marsio (INA)
    3. Howard/Sahran (SRI)
    4. Zabrina/Joe Jer (MAL)
    5. Sharon/Melody (SIN)
    6. Aubrey/Jaq (PHI)
    7. Andy/Laura (THA/UK)
    8. Andrew/Syeon (MAL/KOR)
    9. Sandy/Francesca (HKG)

my impressions of the TAR asia teams.:

sahil & prashant: not very impressive as racers so far, i mean they took half an hour getting a taxi at the very start of the race. they got lucky beating ernie & jeena to the fast forward. i say they will probably make it to the halfway point of the race but be eliminated shortly thereafter.

mardy/marsio: they might turn out to be the drew & kevin of TAR asia, finishing strong in almost every leg and make the final 3. however i think they may make a huge mistake late in the race and allow another, lesser team pass them. i see a final 3 finish and possible win at best, and a top 5 finish at worst. the only thing i see slowing them down is their physical condition, but since they seem to be above average navigators, i think that will offset their percived ungainliness.

howard & sahran: my dark horse pick for a final 3 finish. they might not look like a threat to the other teams, but i think they could be just ruthless enough to edge out the competition, that is as long as sahran, who looks to be the weaker of the 2, stays strong. im really liking these two already, they seem to have gotten their game together in the second leg and im hoping they hang around long enough to make the final 3.

zabrina & joe jer: another very likeable (to me) team who i have high hopes for. started out strong in the first leg, then seemed to loose some ground in the second, as long as they can finish in the top 4 or 5 every leg, i dont see any problems with them making it deep into the race, and just maybe a final 3 finish, though sharon/melody might give them a run for their money.

sharon & melody: already TAR asia has more all female teams racing in its inaugural season than the American TAR 10 and i think all 3 of these all female teams have more potential to finish higher than almost any of the american TAR all female teams ever have. sharon and melody arent quite on my "likeable" scale just yet, but im nowhere close to hating them (or any team on TAR asia for that matter......YET) i think they are strong competitors and will last a while, but i think in the end zabrina & joe jer will edge them out late in the race.

aubrey & jaq: these two are the dustin & kandice of TAR asia (at least thats who id compare them to) beauty queens (in all but name) with a pretty good competitive streak. they did drop a couple spots from 4th to 6th place, but i think theyll rise back up in the top 5 and be serious competitors for a while. id say theyll probably be eliminated midway through the race.

andy & laura: if laura can keep her bitchyness to a minimum, this team will do well, and as i quite like them, i HOPE they do well, but if they start argueing down the line, i think the wheels are gonna come off quick.....

andrew & syeon: i see hints of tension in this team, andrew seems to be a bit of the controlling type and if they start argueing, it will be a short race for them.

sandy & francesca: this is the only TAR asia team that had inspired the most mild dislike from me in leg one, but now after having seen them struggle again and again, i kinda feel sorry for them and hope they can pull themselves out of last place.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I have to say: that was a pretty tough Roadblock. The only tasks I can remember that took anywhere as long was the infamous hay bales or the meat-eating one in Argentina.

On average, it seems to be the tasks for TAR Asia are harder than the US version (excepting that absolutely ridiculous premiere episode).

+ Reply to Thread