+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

Here is Phil Keoghan's counterpart in Asia. He is Singapore-based celebrity Allan Wu who was once a competitor in the US reality competition show, Fear Factor.

Singaporean artiste Allan Wu to host The Amazing Race Asia
    By Juliana June Rasul

After vomiting on Fear Factor, Allan Wu now has a new identity on cable channel AXN as the host of The Amazing Race Asia. After keeping mum for months, AXN finally announced Allan as the host of the Asian version of the popular show yesterday.

“I’m not the guy who vomits anymore. Great!” said Allan in an exclusive interview with TODAY in Kuala Lumpur.

The 34-year-old Fly Entertainment artiste, who can be seen puking on Fear Factor re-runs after swallowing a potent concoction of blended maggots, worms and rotten fish eyes, is excited about being picked as the host of “blockbuster show”.

As it turns out though, the hunky reality TV junkie — he watches The Amazing Race, Survivor and, of course, Fear Factor — had some doubts as to whether he was good enough for the job.

“I never thought I’d ever get something of this magnitude, but I was okay, as I’m good with the rejections,” he said.

Details of the show remain shrouded in secrecy and will not be revealed until later this year, but what AXN general manager Ricky Ow could tell TODAY was the tale of how Allan got the hosting gig.

Ever the macho man, Allan apparently strode into the AXN office for his audition soaked from head to toe.

“He rode in on his bike and came in dripping wet, which helped a little I think,” said Ow. “He looked every bit the action man.”

Asked about the “action man” label, Allan said with a laugh: “I like to think I'm quite masculine.”

To make time for the show, Allan had to spend a little over a month away from his family. He is married to Wong Li-Lin and the couple have two children, daughter Sage and son Jonas, who was born in February this year.

“It’s not physically difficult for me to host this show, but it is mentally difficult because I have to be away so much from my kids,” said Allan. “But you know, now that Li-Lin is sort of semi-retired from show business, I have to get more jobs!” he said with a wink.

In the vein of the original show, 12 pairs of contestants from across the region will travel to different countries in Asia to compete for US$100,000($158,000) in prize money.

“The Amazing Race Asia is a dream come true for both the company and the competitors,” said Ow. “Even though we’re working on a smaller budget than the US show, the production is the same and there’s no less drama.”

Added Allan: “The Amazing Race Asia is definitely going to be edgier.”
    article courtesy of Channelnewsasia.com
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

FORT Regular
    I've seen some of the contestants' introduction on TV (Axn-asia) and I think that contestants from Asia are more "weird" than American contestants ^^

The Indian hunks look even more handsome on TV =)
    I like Mardy and Marsio (the brothers from Jakarta), they were funny in their interview (One of them said about the other "I just hope he doesn't cry" et his brother gave him a look! so funny ^^)
    One of the girls said too that she would strip during the race if she needs to.
    Laura and Andy said too that they have "bad luck", they are always in unlucky situations and so they'll always smile in tough times.

Overall, i think those contestants will be more about fun time ^^

FORT Fan
    from the pics, the Bollywood hunks seem very normal looking... definately not model quality near John Abraham

FORT Regular
    It's official, the Amazing Race Asia will première on 9 November at 9pm (thailand)/10pm (Hong kong) =)

I can't wait to see it!! I hope you guys can watch it too!

FORT Regular

TAR-Asia - Official Website

The Amazing Race Asia very first edition will première on Thursday night at 9PM (Th) and 10PM (HK)!

For more informations, visit the official website of Asia's very own Amazing race here

The teams are big fans of the Amazing Race US and they should know every tricks and tips that make a good racer. This Asian edition of the Amazing Race should bring to us smart, witty and good racers! It is full of promises =)

The racers are gorgeous, funny, full of personality and it's going to be a helluva race!

However it is an AXN exclusivity, which implies that no other channels have the right to air the show.
    There is already an official forum where fans are discussing about the teams.

I was wondering if FORT will cover TARAsia! I hope FORT members will be able to watch it =)

FORT Newbie

Neat!

I just looked at the site really quick. Do you think they'll be a way for us to watch it in the states? Maybe itunes will have it or something?

FORT Regular
    Ok, it sucks a bit because I really don't like the way the official TARAsia forums are designed and managed ^^;

Can we have discussion threads about the teams and the episodes on FORT? Please? ;_;

*** Spoilers *** TAR Asia I *** Spoilers ***

TAR ASIA premiere episode
    November 9th, 2006, on the AXN channel

All 10 teams start out in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, at the Merdeka Square.
    ______________________________ _________________
    TASK #1: Shop Until You Drop

Clues instruct them to take taxi to a local shopping mall.

All teams have to rappel down inside the Berjaya Times Square.

Teams receive the next clue when they're done.
    ROUTE MARKER

Teams still take taxis to this Craft Centre and receive their next clue.

From here, teams get to drive their cars to the detours.
    DETOUR #1: draw some paintings.

DETOUR #2: ???
    When they finish their Detours, go to this botanical garden and find the next Roadblock clue.

ROADBLOCK: Go Kart at The Shah Alam Go-Kart Circuit

PITSTOP

Menara Telecom Tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Allan Wu: You're team #...
    Ernie/Jeena

Andrew vs the Mario bros
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Quote Originally Posted by Junmia;2132754;
    Can we have discussion threads about the teams and the episodes on FORT? Please? ;_;

We only make forums for shows we are recapping. TAR Asia does not air in the U.S. and we will not be covering it, so this will be the only thread to discuss the show.

Please do not discuss any illegal ways to get access to this show. Read this portion of our FAQ for more information on what is allowed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular
    I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to get illegal ways to watch the show. As I saw many ways (that seem 'legal') to get episodes of tv series (Itunes, TV.com) , I thought it was ok too for reality shows. I was also trying to figure out if American audience could subscribe or receive AXN waves.

That's such a pity because I so want to discuss the show with FORT members. It doesn't seem on the official forums that members are as analytical and critical thinkers as FORT members.

+ Reply to Thread