+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

Over 1000 teams apply for The Amazing Race Asia

http://www.axn-asia.com/buzzsites/th...race-asia.html

Applications reveal the passionate, adventurous and crazy side of Asia

Singapore, 10 April 2006 - AXN's The Amazing Race Asia looks set to feature some of Asia's most passionate and colourful characters, after registration for The Amazing Race Asia closed on 31 March. AXN received over one thousand applications from all corners of Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India, Korea, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Brunei and even Nepal.

The hopeful applicants come from a broad and fascinating cross-section of Asia. From rich businessmen to people who need a new start in life, and from young students to the elderly, the applications revealed that people from all walks of life have gone to extreme lengths to compete in The Amazing Race Asia.

Hopeful contestants stripped, danced, cried and begged for the adventure of a lifetime, demolishing the myth that Asians are conservative and reserved when it comes to television.

Applicants performed crazy stunts, acted out Amazing Race fantasies, and bragged about past glories in their videos, which brought out the creative and quirky side of Asia, and demonstrated the passion Asians have for The Amazing Race Asia.

The application process also showed that the digital revolution has well and truly taken hold in Asia. More than a third of the applications were shot and edited professionally, and the AXN application committee was incredibly impressed by the quality of the video applications. The videos were so entertaining and inventive that they would make a fantastic program on their own.

Potential amazing racers also gave some intriguing reasons why they want to take on the challenging race, guaranteeing there will be plenty of personal drama as The Amazing Race Asia unfolds. For example, some teams are couples who want to revive the love in their relationships, while others want to use the race to rediscover themselves. For some, the race would be a once in a lifetime chance for challenge and adventure.

"The response has been amazing, and AXN wants to thank everyone for the tremendous effort they have put into their applications, and for the passion they have shown for The Amazing Race Asia," said Ricky Ow, General Manager of SPE Networks - Asia.

The 10 to 12 teams who will compete in The Amazing Race Asia will be cast by the end of May.

i want to know where is the starting line
    I really want to aplply but i'm just 18 too bad

Thanks Kay118 for the latest info! I am so excited about this development.

There was a local celebrity here in the Philippines (the son of a famous comedian with a one-name moniker) and he was interviewed recently. When asked what his next project was, he said that he is joining the Amazing Race Asia. It was not divulged if he joined by lodging an application/video or was invited by Amazing Race Asia producers to join as a racer (AR also had racers who were recruited and not via the usual videao application).

is amazing race asia just a race within the continent Asia ?
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Quote Originally Posted by springkey View Post
    is amazing race asia just a race within the continent Asia ?
    It seems to be a race around the world.

http://www.axn-asia.com/buzzsites/th...questions.html

Q: What is the duration of the race? And when will it start?
    A: If selected as a participant, you and your teammate must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting proximately 30 to 40 days starting sometime mid year of 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    it would be funny if phil pulled double duty for both TARs
    wouldn't that mean him learning a new language????

Leo
    Premium Member
    AXN is generally an English-language station, so he wouldn't have to learn a new language, if he did do Amazing Race Asia (which I doubt).

Host and contest

I haven't checked the AXN site for some time, a host had been announced: http://www.axn-asia.com/buzzsites/th...ouncement.html (with a photo)

There's also a contest for AXN subscribers only (deadline in Oct): http://www.axn-asia.com/buzzsites/th...ia/trivia.html

There're 32 questions like this one:
    In the first-ever episode of TAR, teams were directed to the 'smoke that thunders.' What was their destination?
    Although I'm not eligible, it's still fun to try and answer these TAR trivia questions.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I didn't post about it then, but there have been a couple of destination spoilers in the local papers. (This was a week or more back, from what I suppose was an AXN press release.) I'll put it in spoiler tags if anyone is interested:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Finish line is supposedly in Mumbai, India. Destination city before that is Manila.

"smoke that thunders"= victoria falls zimbabwe.

i guess their first leg is in africa.

+ Reply to Thread