+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

************** team wins TAR Asia!

JoeJer and Zabrina of Malaysia make history by being the first all-female team to win an Amazing Race. The two spunky ladies nipped their closest competitors to take home the USD100,000 prize as winners of The Amazing Race Asia. Coming in a close 2nd were Sandy and Francesca from HK. Another Malaysian team, Andrew and Syeon, placed 3rd. Congrats to the first all-female winning racers of TAR/TARA!
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

yay! Zabrina and JoeJer!!

they're the first all-female team to win AR!

im happy for them!!

Former Couch Potato superb_benz's Avatar
    woohoo! my fave team won!!
    There's a reason for everything

FORT Fogey
    D'oh. Saw the winner in the moved thread title but am not up to the final episode yet. Just got finished with the second to last one, which I think made for a decent final three (the NEL was just dragging out the inevitable). Not entirely surprised by a Zabrina and Joejer win, even if there were two better teams.

FORT Fogey
    The idea of buying a taxi for the entire day is exceptional. It's not like they have any more use for the money beyond that day. Definitely have to give them credit for coming up with the idea, which may not be the most impressive way to win but is certainly smart. I was much more impressed with their final leg performance than any previous leg.

Both a language barrier and a home country advantage holding Sandy & Francesca back. One of the things I wasn't crazy about throughout the entire race. Would have been better off to finish in the US or Australia (either of which also would have made it impossible to hire a cab for the entire day). Did seem like a much better designed final leg overall than the US ones, though.

Good season, and it sounds like the ratings will easily result in a season two. Wonder what's up with TAR Central Europe.

FORT Newbie
    How does one view this episodes in US? Any suggestions?

Leo
    Premium Member
    There's no legal way to view the episodes in the US. It's unlikely that it will be aired in the US, and even less of a chance that DVDs will be released.

Re: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

TARA2 premieres Thursday, November 1st, 2007
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

I'm looking forward to TARA2.

Gonna be tough keeping up with season 2, but I am eagerly awaiting it. The teams look quite interesting, and I see this is the first time the race contains more than 3 All-Girl teams, now going with 4, so it seems that Zabrina & Joe Jer winning season 1 has inspired the producers to try to give better chances for more All-Girl teams to win, since none have won in the north-american version.

My favorite teams pre-race are Pamela & Vanessa, Sawaka & Daichi, Paula & Natasha, and Adrian & Collin, they all give me a good vibe, whereas I'm already seriously disliking Edwin & Monica and Marc & Rovilson. We'll see how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread