+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Amazing Race 9/24 Recap: Fear And Loathing In Mongolia

Quote Originally Posted by aeroluver View Post
    Um, came out of lurking for a moment just to let you know that the teams actually stay at the pit stop for 36 hours. They never say it's 12 hours, they try to fool you into thinking that with the "so and so checked in at 8:00 am and will be leaving at 8:00 pm"...they fail to say on the show that there was 24 hours added in there as well.

I don't remember where I learned this but I will try to find a link for you so you can verify, and I will edit and add that when I find it. Seems like I've known about this for a few seasons now, but I'll try to find something to back this up.

Anyway, I found it to be interesting, thought you might, also.

Have a good one!!

Julie

That is sometimes true and may have been true on this China leg, I don't know, but it is not the rule. Usually, Phil will not give the arrival time if they stayed for 36 hours. He just says "So and so will depart at such and such time." The normal pit stop is just 12 hours.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Super Recap! Somehow if there is a pile of mud, someone or something always gets stuck in it. It was a terrific show and a Super, Super Recap!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymack View Post
    That is sometimes true and may have been true on this China leg, I don't know, but it is not the rule. Usually, Phil will not give the arrival time if they stayed for 36 hours. He just says "So and so will depart at such and such time." The normal pit stop is just 12 hours.
    there was also one pitstop that lasted for 24 hours in season 9 (the one where they left Oman for Australia)

awsome recap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123