+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 9/24 Recap: Fear And Loathing In Mongolia

Terrific recap, waywyrd! . I see we share the same Peter non love. Some of my many favorites lines:

On A Slow Bus To China

Duke and Lauren are close behind, with Peter and the still-leaking Sarah next.

I have to wonder just where in Kentucky these two live. They can’t be that secluded (as the strains of Dueling Banjos plays in my head).

After some annoying cheers from the unambiguously gay duo Tom and Terry

Yep, good ol’ Peter put his girlfriend up as a freak show to get some cash. Thankfully, he didn’t get one thin jiao, and I’m left with the urge to kick this guy in the teeth.

Kimberly gets splashed in the face with some dirty water, and wonders aloud if she could catch any diseases from it. I’m hoping she’ll get laryngitis, myself.

And here I thought all Southern boys knew how to go mudding.

“Can horses smell fear?” . . . The horse must have heard her, because after she kicked it (at Rob’s insistence), the horse ran her smack into a tree limb, knocking her to the ground.

Everything annoys Peter.

Somehow, between the crying, yelling, and lost hats, they all complete the tasks and get their next clue.

Peter Perfect . . . I sure hope Montezuma has his revenge on Peter.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Terrific recap, waywyrd!

Yankees: World Series '06 aeroluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    After a mandatory 12 hour rest period in China, the teams are rarin’ to go again.

Um, came out of lurking for a moment just to let you know that the teams actually stay at the pit stop for 36 hours. They never say it's 12 hours, they try to fool you into thinking that with the "so and so checked in at 8:00 am and will be leaving at 8:00 pm"...they fail to say on the show that there was 24 hours added in there as well.

I don't remember where I learned this but I will try to find a link for you so you can verify, and I will edit and add that when I find it. Seems like I've known about this for a few seasons now, but I'll try to find something to back this up.

Anyway, I found it to be interesting, thought you might, also.

Have a good one!!

Julie
    Kid to his Dad as they watch TV: "Dad, tell me again how when you were my age you had to walk all the way across the room to change a channel."
    -- Anonymous

David surprises me again by totally sucking at using the bow. I guess he’s not a bow-hunter, either. So much for most of my Southern stereotypes!
    I thought he'd be good at it, too. Great recap!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Great recap!
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Great recap waywyrd! And I love the screen caps!

Mary says that she’s making friends with all kinds of people that she’d never thought she’d meet. Such as Asian people. And gay people! “I like ‘em!” she says. I have to wonder just where in Kentucky these two live. They can’t be that secluded (as the strains of Dueling Banjos plays in my head).
    HAHAHAHA! Loved the recap! I still can't seem to remember that the show is now on at 8:00, so I only caught the last few minutes, but I still think it's the best reality show going. Thanks, Waywrd!

Terrific job, Waywyrd!!!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

That was a fantastic recap! Great job Waywyrd. Mary's comments about meeting Asian people and black people for the first time had me laughing like crazy. She seems very sweet, even if she hadn't been exposed to much outside of your typical white southerner.

Your comment about Kimberly hopefully getting laryngitis had me lmao!

Mary didn't say she had never met black people before. She said asians and gays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast