+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

What a rush of an episode, it was tough keeping up, and I also appreciated that once more they had a task to do before rushing to the nearby Pitstop. One thing I hated, though, the usual TAR habit of giving teams crappy cars that will break down at any second. But I was most surprised by the fact that all teams knew how to drive stick.

As for the teams, my opinions haven't changed at all, with the exception of Peter and Sarah. I still like Sarah, but now Peter showed me the reason why I haven't liked him even before the show began, his behavior and comments were appaling and very annoying. Rob was also a complete moron, first with his tendency of refering to Kimberly as "dude", and second because of saying he didn't know what to do after Kimberly fell, where anybody with common sense would've gotten off the horse and checked if she wasn't seriously hurt. Kellie & jamie, I was totally disappointed, mainly cause I liked them so much. They did a genius move in having someone in the train write down in mongolian the name of the temple they were supposed to head to and it got them there before anybody else, but afterwards, the sense of direction went downhill, it's a bummer to see them gone like that.

I honestly cannot blame Lyn and Karlyn for rushing off, but at least they stopped for a moment to check if it wasn't anything serious. I've noticed how some say that they refused to help Tyler & James and yet had no problem taking David & Mary's leftover water, but let's not forget that David & Mary actually gave the moms their leftover water when they finished the task, so it was definitely an offer they couldn't refuse. Tyler & James continue to irritate me more and more, especially with their constant laughing for no reason, one would think they're still drugged, heck, they even look it. I also hate how rude they are, for example, I can understand them being happy about Peter & Sarah's animal rushing off and away, as it means that they can pull farther ahead, but to point it out and laugh so much right in front of Peter & Sarah was just plain rude. These two are rapidly aiming to be even worse than Eric & Jeremy were.

Dustin & Kandice are now my favorite team, and they're definitely a lot tougher than they seem. For two episodes in a row, they've had nasty set-backs that they manage to quickly recover from. In episode one they got hopelessly lost when first arriving at China, but they managed to quickly get by the Roadblock, finished the Detour apparently faster than any other team who tried it, and climbed the wall with no problem, and in episode 2 they fall so far behind after finishing the Detour first due to losing the hat, and yet manage to do a great job at the Roadblock to bounce back. I'm definitely impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Rob was also a complete moron, first with his tendency of refering to Kimberly as "dude", and second because of saying he didn't know what to do after Kimberly fell, where anybody with common sense would've gotten off the horse and checked if she wasn't seriously hurt.
    I've been reluctant to defend Rob to any degree, because he's such a jerk, but I doubt that he had any horseback riding experience either and may have been afraid he couldn't get back on if he dismounted. He may also have meant that he didn't know how to catch her horse so she could get her sorry butt back on it. The "dude" defies all reason.

Out here in California, a lot of people call everyone 'dude' - gender doesn't signify. The first time someone called me 'dude' I wondered if I should start wearing a dress or something.

FORT Regular
    Rembrant, I think the irritating thing about the Moms is that they slowed down, then said "screw them" and speed up. They are not nice to watch. Rob and Kimberly, even if they are bickering and not nice to each other, stopped and tried to help. the other teams didn't stop but they didn't say "screw them" or laugh at them.

And i agree with you about Tyler and James. There was something that annoyed me and you just remind me what! They are always laughing, and often laughing at others.

And about Rob, not helping Kimberly, i think horse experience or not, she's his girlfriend! And they even said they wanted to go to the next level. She fell down on the ground quite harshly and the only thing he said is "I don't know what to do, dood" (or "I can't do anything"... I don't remember ^^). Come on, when you want to go to the next level with your girlfriend, this implies caring for her... (which should be being done from the very first day they date actually).

+ Reply to Thread