+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: TAR10 Prediction Game

FORT Fan

TAR10 Prediction Game

Might as well get this thread started so everyone can start making predictions.

For newcomers, and as a review for veterans, here's how it works. For each leg of the race, you will predict the 1st place and the Last place finisher. You are then awarded points on a sliding scale based on how close your prediction was to the actual outcome.

For week 1 with 11 active teams, the point spread will be the following.

As an example, let's say my prediction is:
    First: David & Mary
    Last: Tom & Terry

Now, let's say they ACTUALLY finish 7th and 9th, respectively. To calc my points for David and Mary, I count down to the 7th place point value...which is 6 points. I then count in reverse fashion for Tom & Terry since I wanted them to finish last (11th place). Since they actually finished 9th, I count down three slots and get 10 points for them. My total for the week is then 16 points.

Hope that makes sense. If not, just make picks and follow along for a few weeks and I think it'll begin to click.

How about a deadline for when you have to post your picks?

I'll play.

First: Erwin & Godwin.
    Last: David & Mary.

Leo
    Premium Member
    In seasons past, you could post picks right up until the moment before the show airs, and that's how it'll probably be this time as well.

Yaaay! so glad that TAR will start in just a few weeks... anyway my picks are:
    First: Dustin and Kandace
    Last: Duke and Lauren

OK, I'll jump on this grenade with virtually no knowledge, along with everyone else at this stage:

First - Vipul and Arti
    Last - hrm, toss up, but I'll go with David and Mary

(sight unseen Tom and Terry also look like solid last place material to me, but I had to pick one pair!)
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    How about a deadline for when you have to post your picks?
    Leo is correct, the deadline is essentially when the show starts for a given week. In the past, moderators have actually locked the thread at that point to prevent additions or changes once the show has started, then reopened the thread for further discussion after it went off the air. I didn't paid close enough attention to see if it was done every week last season.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Just to clarify: once an episode starts in the Eastern time zone, all threads except that night's discussion thread are locked until the show ends out on the West Coast. It's not done specifically for the game, but it doesn't hurt. It's usually done for all shows with their own forum every week.

Anyways, my picks are:

First: Tyler and James
    Last: Lyn and Karlyn

It's been a while since I've played! Too many teams, but here goes:

First: Vipul & Arti
    Last: David & Mary

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Just to clarify: once an episode starts in the Eastern time zone, all threads except that night's discussion thread are locked until the show ends out on the West Coast. It's not done specifically for the game, but it doesn't hurt. It's usually done for all shows with their own forum every week.
    You mean it's not all about us?!?!

Good info, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast