+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Heather and Eve

Heather and Eve

From the official TAR 3 website:

Recent Harvard Law School graduates Heather, 25, and Eve, 25, began their friendship three years ago on their first day of law school. They were drawn to each other almost immediately. As Eve describes it: "the first girl I saw was 35 and wearing a MIT ballroom dancing sweatshirt... but then I saw Heather and she looked like the only normal person there--so we met."

Eve attended University of Michigan for undergraduate, and Heather received a B.S. from Cornell University. A seasoned traveler, Eve spent a summer in Madrid and six months in London while attending the London School of Economics. Heather also spent a year abroad in Oxford, London. They know that their smarts could ultimately guide them to victory, but their secret weapon is to use their looks and charm to manipulate people into helping them along the way.

These friends and roommates look to this experience as an opportunity to finally put the books down and travel the world before starting their law careers. Eve hopes this will also help her overcome some of her biggest fears, which are flying and extreme outdoor sports, while Heather hopes that her enthusiasm for adventure and challenge will rub off on her teammate.

Heather resides in Boston. Her birth date is September 17. Eve lives in New York City and her birth date is November 10, and she is a proud Scorpio.

Q & A:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Heather: More limited than I would like, but always incredible. I traveled around Europe during college and enjoyed experiencing different cultures. More recently, I've backpacked through Central America. This was my first solo traveling experience. I loved the different cultures, the adventure travel each country offered (hitting volcanoes in Costa Rica, rapelling in Belize, exploring Mayan ruins in Guatemala, scuba diving in Honduras, and the ultimate flexibility of solo travel.
    Eve: Hectic, amazing, life-changing. I've lived in England and Spain for extended periods of time, as well as traveled to the Middle East, Central America, South America and Europe. Submerging myself in other cultures taught me many lessons about myself and our American culture, and reminded me how small my existence is.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Heather: Navigating through foreign cities for the first time.
    Eve: Flying. I have always dreaded getting to wherever I am going--planes, trains, automobiles--but once I am there, I realize it was all worth it.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Heather: Good hiking shoes and socks.
    Eve: Good socks for dry feet.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Heather: To enjoy adventure travel while gaining insight into myself and perspective on my place in the world.
    Eve: I believe that the Race is my personal odyssey. Going to Harvard, I have spent three years in my head; that is where I excel. I am not a physically adventurous person, and the challenges that I will (hope to) face will force me to confront some of my biggest fears.

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Heather: Nope!
    Eve: No, Heather and I have traveled separately, but traveling together will be a new, exciting and scary experience for both of us.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Heather: Getting hopelessly lost while driving through some South American jungle or African desert.
    Eve: Losing in the first round.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Heather: Strengths: adrenaline junkie; I love the challenges, and hopefully will pass some of that enthusiasm onto Eve. Weaknesses: poor sense of direction and don't love cities.
    Eve: I am good at getting things (so far). I can work bureaucracies and DMV people: you know, the kind of person that has power over you for five minutes and uses their power to oppress you for the full time you are in their presence. I am a good talker. On the other hand, I sometimes freeze up during physical challenges. I have a lot of fear.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Heather: Strengths: negotiating airline tickets; getting free stuff from people; thinking creatively. Weaknesses: fearful of flying and certain physical challenges.
    Eve: Heather is competent, strong (physically and emotionally), and spontaneous. We have fun together.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Heather: Talking to my friends and family on the phone.
    Eve: My family and friends. I miss them now and we haven't even started yet.

What languages do you speak?
    Heather: A little French and Spanish.
    Eve: Spanish, un poco.

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Heather: Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, South Africa, Chile
    Eve: I would love to visit the Far East and Southeast Asia. I have heard that Vietnam is the most amazing country.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Heather: Central America (Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras, Guatemala), Greece, England
    Eve: Heather and I feel most prepared for Costa Rica and England. We have both spent extended periods of time in these countries, and would kick ass here.
    Last edited by cali; 09-14-2002 at 01:11 PM.

I'm never usually a fan of teams who say they will use their "looks and charm" .
    They are both attractive ladies though and hopefully will last longer than the likes of Leslie and Kim who were probably the closest equivalent to this team that we have seen and went out very early in the original series.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    OMG, that opening paragraph sounds like a line out of Legally Blonde where Reese Witherspoon goes to Harvard Law School.
    >>>>> Fighting the urge not to judge them until they appear on the show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Okay, they probably will have a total meltdown in the first episode, but I sure hope they last. They're just too cute to disappear right away!

John

LG.
    all female attorneys are hot, John.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I knew that, LG. That's why David E. Kelley keeps writing non-fiction TV shows about the hot female attorneys, right?

LG.
    I'm sure that is the reason. They are so realistic too.

Anyone want to start a pool regarding how long it will take at least one of these two to have a meltdown? I can't get over the whole Legally Blonde image of them in my mind.

FORT Newbie
    i won't be rooting for this team. after reading their bio and q&a, and watching the 'video preview' on the cbs website, i can tell these two chicks are going to do a lot of sobbing and pouting to manipulate their way from point a to b. ugh, how annoying!

i also don't think they're very attractive. i think the award for best-looking team goes to JOHN VITO & JILL. Jill is drop-dead gorgeous and her teammate John Vito is a real hunk of a man!

Hi lovelylady to the site.

I haven't seen the previes on the CBS site, I should probably watch them before making a firm decision who to root for.

I agree about Jill, she really is very beautiful and John Vito is certainly very well put together
    Last edited by fluff; 09-23-2002 at 06:48 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    welcome lovelylady.

I haven't seen the preview ad with them yet, but they don't really seem like a team I'd really want to get behind, which is a shame as I'd like an all female team to have a chance at winning this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast