+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Tyler & James

They are good racers but they sometimes have a bad sense of direction.

FORT Regular
    I also like how T&J bond with R&K and their attitude at the FF was really positive. I'm sure, there are people who would have pushed Kim to eat faster or to swallow bigger pieces. This was quite likeable to see the boys being patient and waiting for her =)

I don't think it was cocky from them to think they were "way ahead" but it cracked me up to hear them say that and right after, seeing Kandice waiting at the pitstop ^_^
    Erwin had bad luck with the cab, who had to fill in gas. the CHos may have been able to reach second.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2132437;
    Yeah, but most teams do.

When you look at clips and the shows Rob & Kimberly actually get lost more.

Dustin and Kandice have had trouble navigating.

The big difference that we can tell is that once it was a near fatal flaw for an episode (Kuwait).

But in that same leg where they got lost on the detour portion of the race. So did Rob & Kimberly, Dustin and Kandice and Peter and Sarah (we don't see enough of the Cho's to know if they got lost here (they did get lost going to the Pit Stop as did Rob and Kimberly). Dustin and Kandice also got lost going to the Kuwait towers, Lyn and Karlyn got lost going to the market route marker, and David and Mary got lost going to the Pit Stop.

Look at David and Mary. They waited as a group with a local to guide them to the Kuwait towers. They didn't do any actual navigating here. They then did their only navigating of the episode and got lost.

Dustin and Kandice. Got lost going to the Kuwait Towers. They got a local to ride with tehm to teh Market place route Marker (so no navigating on that part), they then got lost going to the Detour and tehn found someone to drive in front of them to the Detour, they did manage to drive themselves to the Pit Stop navigating themselves.

So out of the three times they navigated themselves they got lost on two parts.

Rob and Kimberly navigated themselves to Kuwait towers, they navigated to the market palce, got lost going to the detour and got lost going to the Pit Stop. So they navigated about 50% correctly.

Tyler and James navigated to teh Kuwait towers, tehy navigated to teh market place route marker got lost doing the detour and navigated to the Pit Stop (though they weren't sure they were on the right street, they were).

Peter and Sarah navigating to the Kuwait Towers, they got lost going to the market palce, they got lost going to the detour (and had to be directed for the rest of the leg by staff after 8pm).

The difference between Dustin and Kandice and Rob and Kimberly is that they were successful in getting either local help in the form of people actually taking you there (weither in your car or their own) or getting accurate directions. Peter and Sarah got lead by ocals several times and none of them no the right place, Tyler and James got directions out of town.

That episodes showed no one really navigating well.

Even in the last two episodes. They lost in gettting a map and getting lost briefly no more then 15 total minutes in Mauritius. Managed to pass three teams by over an hour and even with D&K having a sizeabe lead after the detour got that down to just 5 minutes at the end of the leg (I strongly believe that D&K had to have gotten lost driven from the edited out Roadblock.

And in this last episode James wasn't lost, he just picked the longer route. Mongolia they did very well.

And frankly tis season so far has been lite on them driving themselves, this is more like a Colin and Christie season where its a lot of provided transportation.

We are at leg 8 right now. And really only 3 legs with any real driving in them.

Last season for example 7 episodes had significant driving in them.

So its possible that on this season navigating isn't going to be such an issue as some of the other seasons.

The way one of these guys (I still can't tell them or the blondes apart) just stood there, casually munching away on cow lips like he was eating Fritos in front of his Tv set, cracked me up throughout. Wow. He didn't even raise an eyebrow!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2133000;
    The way one of these guys (I still can't tell them or the blondes apart) just stood there, casually munching away on cow lips like he was eating Fritos in front of his Tv set, cracked me up throughout. Wow. He didn't even raise an eyebrow!
    'twas James. his methodical munching was quite adorable. to me at least...

Quote Originally Posted by *CaT*;2133057;
    'twas James. his methodical munching was quite adorable. to me at least...
    Well you'd never have to worry about his being picky at dinner!

Thanks for the info.

FORT Fanatic
    I swear that we would get a clip of them saying will after all the crap we put in our systems, we can handle weird food.

Actually really surprised we didn't get something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2132437;
    it's not always their fault, sometimes they get a crappy taxi driver. they're sense of direction is like eric and jeremy's. they have really good days and some not so hot days. i remember last season when eric and jeremy did the camel detour and they had to deliever the camel somewhere, which made them go to some place in the desert. i think that was the week that they barely missed elimination. but outta the two i like tyler and james more.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem;2133680;
    it's not always their fault, sometimes they get a crappy taxi driver. they're sense of direction is like eric and jeremy's. they have really good days and some not so hot days. i remember last season when eric and jeremy did the camel detour and they had to deliever the camel somewhere, which made them go to some place in the desert. i think that was the week that they barely missed elimination. but outta the two i like tyler and james more.
    I certainly wouldn't compare them to Jeremy and Eric in this department. No team in sesaon 9, navigated as well as they did throughout the race. They had one leg with poor navigation (the Oman leg) and that was really it.

They also were on a race that required more driving then this season. Which has been fairly light on it so far (more like Season 5 in that regard). While htey got mariginaly lost on the camel detour (total time about 25 minutes), they took a risk (because they absolutely always wanted to be #1, 2cd wasn't good enough) with a native shortcut with only a hand drawn map and no real street signs. And when the sun went down their went their ability to really judge things. They even admit that it was a stupid risk to take just to try and get first instead of taken the main road and trying for 2cd or settling for third.

When Tyler & James have got lost (the one major time)it wasn't in un unmarked shortcut through (basic desert) in was through a large city that they just couldn't get directions that they understood.

Eric excelled with a map in navigating (the only other time they got briefly lost was in Brotas in the out lying area and no one had a map and in fact all teams with teh possible exception of Lori and David and Fran & Barry got lost and had to check with locals, those two probably did as well, their just isn't any footage to confirm it).

Tyler wishes James was half the navigator.

FORT Newbie
    These two pretty boys seem more like gay buddies than recovering addicts. They remind me of the 2 pretty boys from last season Eric & Jeremy (?) who had pictures posted of them in some very comprimising positions with the hippies.

+ Reply to Thread