+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Tyler & James

FORT Fanatic
    Well I don't know about cocky as being statistically accurate.

OUt of the 50 Fast Forwards used on this show, almost all of them have put a team in First place.

And out of those that didn't one was due to a team not going to the Pit Stop and taking close to 8 hour break (season 1's Guido's).

Season 3 had Dennis and Andrew who are over 27 hours behind the lead teams getting to London where the Fast Forward is, they end up nearly half a day still behind and are eliminated.

Season 4 had Monica and Sheree who were in group #2 (being two hours behind group #1). When they are the last of group 2 to get on there way they take the Fast Forward, they come in 4th beating one team from group 1 and end up only gaining 30 minutes over the best performer in group #2 (kelly & Jon).

Season 5, Brandon & Nicole go to the Fast Forward and choose not to do it.

So statistically speaking any team on even footing with the rest of the group (they actually have a small lead) should be able to get teh Fast Forward and keep its lead.

Included people having trouble, getting lost for an hour, and just going slow).

So I certainly can't blame the guys at all, and even working as a group for the whole leg (ths being forced to be as slow as its slowest player) tehy still manage to beat all but one team.

Quote Originally Posted by mswood;2131175;
    Well I don't know about cocky as being statistically accurate.

OUt of the 50 Fast Forwards used on this show, almost all of them have put a team in First place.

And out of those that didn't one was due to a team not going to the Pit Stop and taking close to 8 hour break (season 1's Guido's).

Season 3 had Dennis and Andrew who are over 27 hours behind the lead teams getting to London where the Fast Forward is, they end up nearly half a day still behind and are eliminated.

Season 4 had Monica and Sheree who were in group #2 (being two hours behind group #1). When they are the last of group 2 to get on there way they take the Fast Forward, they come in 4th beating one team from group 1 and end up only gaining 30 minutes over the best performer in group #2 (kelly & Jon).

Season 5, Brandon & Nicole go to the Fast Forward and choose not to do it.

So statistically speaking any team on even footing with the rest of the group (they actually have a small lead) should be able to get teh Fast Forward and keep its lead.

Included people having trouble, getting lost for an hour, and just going slow).

So I certainly can't blame the guys at all, and even working as a group for the whole leg (ths being forced to be as slow as its slowest player) tehy still manage to beat all but one team.
    hmmmm;
    that is true.

It is true that over half of the fast forwards put teams ahead, but what also has to be considered is the level of difficulty of the particular fast forward. This season, the one that did allow a team (David and Mary) to finish first in that leg was considerably easier & faster than the one that didn't put a team in first (Tyler & James, Rob and Kimberly). Although we don't know the exact amounts of time that each took, we can guess that walking up to a simulated fire would be a lot faster than eating a big plate of cow lips. I still like these guys.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Fan
    Tyler and james FTW!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate;2131267;
    It is true that over half of the fast forwards put teams ahead, but what also has to be considered is the level of difficulty of the particular fast forward. This season, the one that did allow a team (David and Mary) to finish first in that leg was considerably easier & faster than the one that didn't put a team in first (Tyler & James, Rob and Kimberly). Although we don't know the exact amounts of time that each took, we can guess that walking up to a simulated fire would be a lot faster than eating a big plate of cow lips. I still like these guys.
    No in fact percentage wise the number of Fast Forwards (unless you are stupid, the Guido's or over a day behind Dennis and Andrew) almost always allow a team to end in first. If you don't count those two occurances (which weren't the fault of the fast forward 94% of all fast forwards allow teams to get to the first.

The only legitimate times it hasn't is this last episode and Monica and Cheree in leg #1 of season 4. Where they weren't abe to make up a two hour head start that the first batch of teams (but were ahead of any one in their group).

This is actually the first time that a Fast Forward when used by teams that are closely bunched together hasn't had the team get in first.

1 time out of 50 fast forwards.

But you are obsolutely right that some fast forwards are harder then others, some are performance based, some are just luck, some are letting things be done to you where you are passive)

All in all, Fast Forwards are not a garantee that you will be in first place, you hope it is, but again I do remember Dennis and Andrew doing it and it was a fun one and still coming in last. That was sad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ewww. I can't imagine having to eat cow lips Yikes. I am amazed at their stregth to empower each other and keep going even while it didn't stay in their stomachs

I'm sure glad it was worth it in the end as they were safe once again. They got it going on. They are really supportive and make a good team.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Since we don't know by how much D&K beat them by we can't be sure the FF was a bad choice. I wish they would have gone for the regular challenge though. I would have liked to see them in first. Kimberly possibly slowed them down since she was the last one finished. And again we don't know by how much.

I'm glad they are doing so well in the race. Their the best team in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessu;2131780;
    I'm glad they are doing so well in the race. Their the best team in the race.
    I agree with you on that one

+ Reply to Thread