+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Tom & Terry

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    It was funny last night when one of the pair was trying to climb the wall and his partner kept yelling at him "You have to go straight!" (Sorry, that's not politically correct at all, but it made me giggle).
    We were laughing in our living room at that too.

I didn't get a feel for them yet. I hope they stick around long enough for us to get to know them better.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular
    I don't like them. I think they try to hard to advertise that they're gay. The way they walk, the way they talk. I'm definatly not anti-homosexual, I just get really annoyed when they have to act diffently, and be the stereotype. I predicted them out next round, and I can only hope.

I enjoyed them. Whether they're trying to be the funny team or not, they had me laughing all night. On their way to "leisure" they were cheering like the cheerleaders, Kellie and Jamie, and when they ran out to the starting point their jumping down had me goin...

Quote Originally Posted by darkain View Post
    I don't like them. I think they try to hard to advertise that they're gay. The way they walk, the way they talk. I'm definatly not anti-homosexual, I just get really annoyed when they have to act diffently, and be the stereotype. I predicted them out next round, and I can only hope.

ITA with you. And I hope your prediction holds true!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If they last much longer I am going to start calling them Tom and Jerry! Shoot, maybe I will anyway!

GO Tom and Jerry

So far I like these 2 , but don't think they will win. They seem to want to have fun more then win.

Okay, I gotta admit something here... PLEASE don't take this the wrong way.

I really do like these guys; I think they're funny and they seem to be truly big-hearted in a game where ruthlessness seems to rule. But I really think they really go over the top with the fey behavior. I believe a lot of it is put on, as evidenced by the fact that - during the intense parts of the race - Terry's voice drops about three octaves and they both get very serious.

These guys should be who proud of who they are, but, at the same time, they should be wary of perpetuating a harmful stereotype. (I have to add here that I'm gay, and my partner and I act nothing like these guys.) Hopefully, people will remember Chip and Reichen as a comparison of what another gay couple can be like... not that Chip and Reichen didn't have their faults, but rather that gay people run the gamut from dead-butch to nellie-as-all-get-out and everything in between.

I sure some may question my logic here... but getting your nails done in the opening sequence? Come on!
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I almost rolled last night when the one in the back seat was excited about something and he did that really sissy thing with his fists doubled, tucked against his shoulders and then started doing that really girly looking thing with his fists and jumping up and down on the seat. I could just see every gay friend I've ever had, rolling their eyes. Gay is one thing, sissy is another. They seem to be a lot of fun, but sissy.

Good grief. Who cares if they're gay? They're competing well, are entertaining and have a superb spirit. And it shows! I hope they're around for awhile!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Okay, I gotta admit something here... PLEASE don't take this the wrong way.

I really do like these guys; I think they're funny and they seem to be truly big-hearted in a game where ruthlessness seems to rule. But I really think they really go over the top with the fey behavior. I believe a lot of it is put on, as evidenced by the fact that - during the intense parts of the race - Terry's voice drops about three octaves and they both get very serious.

These guys should be who proud of who they are, but, at the same time, they should be wary of perpetuating a harmful stereotype. (I have to add here that I'm gay, and my partner and I act nothing like these guys.) Hopefully, people will remember Chip and Reichen as a comparison of what another gay couple can be like... not that Chip and Reichen didn't have their faults, but rather that gay people run the gamut from dead-butch to nellie-as-all-get-out and everything in between.

I sure some may question my logic here... but getting your nails done in the opening sequence? Come on!
    I agree, TAR seems to favor casting flamboyant/feminine gay couples. Maybe it's fun to them (the team/TPTB) but they are not all that entertaining to watch. Though these two are not nearly as bad in this way as the gay team of last season, who didn't last long because of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast