+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    Exactly Hep...except sometimes people don't wait to deplane and clog up the aisles. Personally, I don't care if I have to wait a little longer for people with disablilties but it has made me miss a connection on one occasion.
    That's odd, canuck, as I'm always told when I'm being seated that once the plane lands, I'll need to wait until all passengers have deboarded before a skycap can assist me. Plus, the skycaps are never waiting for you, even if it's been prearranged, and it takes them quite some time to get to the plane once it's landed.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

After tonight's episode, I still don't like them and especially Peter. Whenever he talks to Sarah it just sounds so condescending as if she's a child. Granted she was a bit whiney tonight, but ever since the first episode I've felt his demeanor is more belittling than encouraging. I'm not a fan of Sarah either, especially tonight's meltdown, BUT she's more tolerable than overbearing Peter.

Also, something about Peter strikes me as fake and contrived. It seems like he overdoes his encouragements thinking he'd come off as a good guy, but really he annoys me to no end. I chuckled when he had difficulty during the detour. Hehe.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb View Post
    After tonight's episode, I still don't like them and especially Peter. Whenever he talks to Sarah it just sounds so condescending as if she's a child. Granted she was a bit whiney tonight, but ever since the first episode I've felt his demeanor is more belittling than encouraging. I'm not a fan of Sarah either, especially tonight's meltdown, BUT she's more tolerable than overbearing Peter.

Also, something about Peter strikes me as fake and contrived. It seems like he overdoes his encouragements thinking he'd come off as a good guy, but really he annoys me to no end. I chuckled when he had difficulty during the detour. Hehe.
    To me, they both seem fake. I don't like either one of them. Sarah seems to me like the kid whose mom only told them how special they were and then the kid shows up to kindergarten thinking they are better than everyone else.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar

Cross Posted from the Discussion Thread

Okay, so. Sarah is love. Peter is hate. Why does Peter feel the need to tear down her spirit? Just so he can pretend to build it back up again and seem like a good guy? Whatever. That guy is an ass and doesn't deserve my time.

Sarah, on the other hand, is a babe. I don't like her because she is missing a leg and still rocks it, I like her because she is sharp. I like her because she puts up with Peter (even though she should just ditch him and run the race herself). I like her because she doesn't want to be treated like a baby by Peter. I like how, even though he is being completely assy she knows when and when not to start a fight.

As much as I admire the obstacles Sarah has had to overcome in her life, I can't say I admire their racing abilities. The constant whining and crying has gotten to be too much, particularly when they are obviously doing well in the race. I hope they are taking good notes on eachothers personality traits so they can evaluate their relationship at the end of all this. They don't appear to be a healthy, compatible, romantic couple. I cringed when they tried to pan-handle Sarah's leg/tricks--glad no one coughed up money.

Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    ehh, dont like the aura of arrogance im getting from this team, and them saying "oh we can use her handicap as an advantage throughout the race" just makes my distaste for them grow...........
    This is the first time I actually liked all the teams well at least until the end of the first show. By the end of the first show they were tops on my most disliked list.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I cringed when they tried to pan-handle Sarah's leg/tricks--glad no one coughed up money.
    I completely agree with you! This is my huge problem with Sarah and Peter...

Sarah goes on about how she wants to be treated fairly, and can do anything an able bodied person can... then she uses her disability to her advantage, and tries to pull off stunts like the one above. That is horrible if you ask me... and their whining and crying and over the top 'encouragement'

This is my least favourite couple than Victoria and her hot blooded hubby a few seasons back and hopefully they get the boot soon.

I didn't like how they tried to get money by having Sarah prove how well she can run on her prosthetic leg. It made them seem a bit condescending. I still like this team but not as much as I did when the race started.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 09-25-2006 at 11:22 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    As much as I admire the obstacles Sarah has had to overcome in her life, I can't say I admire their racing abilities. The constant whining and crying has gotten to be too much, particularly when they are obviously doing well in the race. I hope they are taking good notes on eachothers personality traits so they can evaluate their relationship at the end of all this. They don't appear to be a healthy, compatible, romantic couple. I cringed when they tried to pan-handle Sarah's leg/tricks--glad no one coughed up money.
    Yeah I was amazed that the people would be so bold as to stand there and gawk at her while she was sitting there (could you imagine a bunch of Americans standing around like that staring at someone with a disability) but when she got up to "perform" for them and Peter treated her as if she was some sort circus act by asking for money....that just went too far. I was like "oh.... hell no....tell me that just didnt happen!"
    Last edited by mish22; 09-25-2006 at 11:47 AM.

How could I forget about that circus act? Its one thing if they had no money and did it out of necessity, but to do it simply to kill time and hope for money? Ugh, I wasn't embarassed for them, but I was laughing AT them. I also chuckled when no one gave them money. Being Chinese myself, many can be quite frugal with their money and certainly, wouldn't waste it on random street clowns like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn1276 View Post
    This is my least favourite couple than Victoria and her hot blooded hubby a few seasons back and hopefully they get the boot soon.
    Bold statement, but I must confess that hating on Jonathan was entertaining and when they were eliminated, it was arguably the best episode of the season!

+ Reply to Thread