+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    ehh, dont like the aura of arrogance im getting from this team, and them saying "oh we can use her handicap as an advantage throughout the race" just makes my distaste for them grow...........

that said, i dont see them getting much further in this race, her "leg" will give them too many problems and slow them down so much that they probably will not recover.
    Let me see if I understand logic: Sara (and her supportive and caring poartner Peter) is soooooo arrogant because she uses her leg as an 'advantage' but, BUT, her leg and the problems associated with it are going to cost her the race??? Really?

Everyone who thinks she is using her leg as a secret advantage, I would like to remind you all that SHE DOESN'T ONE!!!!
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FORT Fan
    Hopefully the perceived arrogance that so many see in this team is going to change. I'd imagine that the first week is difficult for everybody, and hopefully, we'll just see good game play and competitveness without using the handicap card. My mind is still open.

Quote Originally Posted by Beebum View Post
    Hopefully the perceived arrogance that so many see in this team is going to change. I'd imagine that the first week is difficult for everybody, and hopefully, we'll just see good game play and competitveness without using the handicap card. My mind is still open.
    I agree. While I'm inclined not to like them (just based on the first episode), it's really too early for me to be forming up my rooting lists (both for and against, ). Unless a team truly rubs me the wrong way (Lake and Mrs. Ocean, for example) right off the bat, I give them a bit of time.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I agree. While I'm inclined not to like them (just based on the first episode), it's really too early for me to be forming up my rooting lists (both for and against, ). Unless a team truly rubs me the wrong way (Lake and Mrs. Ocean, for example) right off the bat, I give them a bit of time.

That`s me too. If I strongly like or dislike a team early on. My opinion tends to be way off and changes really fast.

I could either really not like these two or they will be my favorite.

Haven`t decided yet.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I remember seeing a long show on Sarah; on the internet there is mention of her on The Learning Channel show. She won an Espy in July.

www.iamsarah.org
    http://iamironsarah.spaces.live.com/

I'm flip flopping on this team. I like them both. I admire Sarah for everything she has accomplished.

I don't have a problem with them getting pre-boarding privileges just as long as they got their tickets fair and square like the other teams. Aside from that, game on.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I was wondering if it is airline policy to have people with disabilities to board first. Does anyone know? Well, anyway, I don't see that it was a great advantage but maybe some would think so, and I may change my mind if it gets down to the wire. Any advantage gained by the early boarding might well be lost in another area.

yes people with disabilities and families with children board first.

FORT Fan
    I personally don't see any problem with her using her artificial leg to the team's advantage and I don't see it as unfair to the other teams. Every team has strengths and weaknesses. Some are younger or faster or more athletic or know more languages or whatever. All of the teams will use whatever they have to their advantage at some point during the race. Sarah's artificial leg will be such a disadvantage in certain situations, such as in a close foot race, so I don't have any problem with her taking advantage of it when the opportunity presents itself. That said, I fail to see how it's any advantage to get to preboard a flight where all on the flight will arrive at the same time and the seats have been pre-assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls View Post
    IThat said, I fail to see how it's any advantage to get to preboard a flight where all on the flight will arrive at the same time and the seats have been pre-assigned.
    Exactly, to both you and Muduh. The only time there would be an advantage to boarding early is on an airline like Southwest where it's first come, first served and they'd be able to pick the closest seat to the door. But that's not the case here so, as MissThing would say, "qwitcherbitchen."

+ Reply to Thread