+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

FORT Newbie
    I want to like them, but I do think they are going to use the leg and that is not fair to the others. They used it twice just in the first episode. When she climbed the wall, I was in awe...that is what I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by berrygood View Post
    De-lurking for a quick thought:

My main disappointment with them is Peter's attitude. He came off as super-bossy and controlling. Sarah seemed quiet and submissive in comparison. I just didn't like the way he ordered her around during the Labor task and then talked to her like a child when they were running up the stairs. I think he means to be encouraging, but it just sounds condescending to me.

I wonder if the self-described "independent" single moms feel similarly. Maybe they're responding to him, not Sarah?
    Glad you decided to join in.

Peter did wear a little thin with me, too, but I'm hoping that he, or I, calm down a bit. His constant encouragement would have me ready to throw something at him.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Can't say I am fond of them playing the 'leg' card but props to that girl for getting over the Great Wall. I didn't think she could pull it off.
    ~*~ Maji *~

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't feeling the love for this team.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I like them. I always like underdog teams..... I definitely liked Sarah more than Peter though, but i really didn't find either of them annoying.

So what if she used the leg as an advantage sometimes.. it is a race after all.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by mish22 View Post
    Yeah....I was totally rooting for them and then she had to go and do that....

I just dont like when people talk out of both sides of their mouth. In one breath saying "I can do anyhting a person with two normal legs can do" and not wanting to be treated differently but then using it to garner sympathy and wanting to be treated differently because of it. It just seems hypocritical to me.
    I agree totaly. I like him more then her though. She seems like a complainer (she knew there would be tough challenges), but he totaly encouraged her through the wall climb.

Sarah Reinersten is just one of many people who overcame to loss of a limb to do incredible things. Heather Mills McCartney who lost a leg when she was hit by a police motorcycle went on to help with the removal of landmines and help others who lost an arm or a leg. Scott Rigsby became the first double amputee to compete in an iron man competition. Terry Fox tried to run across Canada on an amputated leg to raise awareness about cancer. There have been many people who did amazing things despite the loss of a limb.

I like this team, especially after seeing the preview for next week's episode. Sarah appears to be in desperation in a task where the yaks (?) keep on pulling away and throwing the barrels (?) off the cart.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

After last night's show, I will be rooting for these two. I give her major props for climbing that wall. (Then again, I have to give them all props. There is no way I would have been able to do it )

That being said, if she turns out to be a whiner, my mind will change. I don't want to listen to her melt down every episode.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Glad you decided to join in.

Peter did wear a little thin with me, too, but I'm hoping that he, or I, calm down a bit. His constant encouragement would have me ready to throw something at him.
    I know it films annoying (Peter encouraging Sarah) but when I work out with my trainer I really appreciate his words of encouragement. Yes, I tell him exactly how I feel, others would interupt it as being bitchy but when you are running intervals and doing your 3rd to last rep and think you are dying to have a voice tell you that you can do it makes it happen. I am sure that if I was filmed I would come across as the biggest baby there is, that is why the team dynamic does not bother me and why it might annoy the viewers I do understand where it is coming from.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread