+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

and i thought it was more of an accomplishment for the coalminer's wife and karlyn & lyn to scale the wall than sarah doing it, after all, shes an iron man contestant, she should be able to do these things pretty well.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    and i thought it was more of an accomplishment for the coalminer's wife and karlyn & lyn to scale the wall than sarah doing it, after all, shes an iron man contestant, she should be able to do these things pretty well.
    I thought she would have done better at the wall task, too. She does seem like a bit of a whiner, but not overwhelmingly so (at least not yet). I guess time will tell.
    I missed part of the show last night, but co-viewer said that her artificial leg is leaking hydraulic fluid? What does that mean? Will she have to get another leg - did she bring extra legs? Or will she be hampered by a leg that doesn't function fully? Anyone know?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I thought she would have done better at the wall task, too. She does seem like a bit of a whiner, but not overwhelmingly so (at least not yet). I guess time will tell.
    I missed part of the show last night, but co-viewer said that her artificial leg is leaking hydraulic fluid? What does that mean? Will she have to get another leg - did she bring extra legs? Or will she be hampered by a leg that doesn't function fully? Anyone know?
    Well, its something that they don't know how to repair. She said its much like riding a bike with a flat tire. I can be done, it doesn't hurt, but its alot harder.

i think the leg will be their downfall. if they are not allowed to repair it or shipping in a part to fix it is too costly or difficult, they wont win the race.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    ehh, dont like the aura of arrogance im getting from this team, and them saying "oh we can use her handicap as an advantage throughout the race" just makes my distaste for them grow...........
    that said, i dont see them getting much further in this race, her "leg" will give them too many problems and slow them down so much that they probably will not recover.

I can't agree more! I wanted so much to like them in the beginning.. and as it went on i found myself disliking them/their personalities more and more! I have to give her credit for what shes done.. because lord knows shes done more with one leg than i have been able to do with 2. I myself tried to look at them as just a team... not minding the disability... that was not a factor in my finding them a likeable team or not. What was is the "ohh poor me" attitude they showed tot he other teams.. then behind their backs say how great she is and how shes done the Iron Man so this is a piece of cake.

People may have a strong dislike for the single moms because of their comments about this team.. but they had to see or hear something to make them say it. Heck when they were boarding he said.. we can use her leg to their advantage thru the whole race. Sarah herself looked at her leg when trying to get a cabby to take them and said its a emergency.

I guess when it comes down to it.. disability or not.. I do not like how they play the game. I hope that doesnt make me sound like a bad person :/
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

on the next season im hoping to see a team cast that involves one of the team members in a wheelchair, id like to see how other teams would react to that, and see how far such a team could actually go in the race.

I felt sorry when Sarah's leg developed a hydraulic leak. Yet she managed to continue the race and climb the wall despite this.

That's a complicated prosthesis if it involves hydraulics. I suppose it's the kind of equipment that's too expensive to have a spare or anything in your pack? I hope they get some sort of repair because that's really going to impact them.

I'm really glad CBS isn't giving them a saint edit. These two are competitors first, and disabled advocates second -- and it shows. I think it's appropriate for them to use Sarah's visible disability as an extra pull to get better airplane seats and cabs. They know they're going to be slowed down, so they need every advantage they can find. It's deliberate on their part that she's not wearing pants or trying to hide the prosthesis.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Heck when they were boarding he said.. we can use her leg to their advantage thru the whole race. Sarah herself looked at her leg when trying to get a cabby to take them and said its a emergency. I guess when it comes down to it.. disability or not.. I do not like how they play the game. I hope that doesnt make me sound like a bad person :/
    Yeah....I was totally rooting for them and then she had to go and do that....

I just dont like when people talk out of both sides of their mouth. In one breath saying "I can do anyhting a person with two normal legs can do" and not wanting to be treated differently but then using it to garner sympathy and wanting to be treated differently because of it. It just seems hypocritical to me.

FORT Regular
    It was Peter's choice of words when boarding the plane, "We can play that card..." that I found off-putting.

+ Reply to Thread