+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2104757;
    How do you mean, bobdole? She scaled a wall and a cliff by herself and with one working leg. She hopped over that wall near the crocodiles, and landed completely on one leg. That wall was not easy to scale however short - remember how much one of the Lyns struggled to clear it. She also has yet to give up, in life or in this contest. And not for nothing, she also keeps a positive attitude (tears can also be just to vent frustration) despite her partner's mistreatment and degrading comments to her. She has yet to scream at or 'go off on' him, and she had to be around him 24/7. Most of us are ready to do worse by him, just having watched him a few minutes once a week.

I think she does more than "cry and whine", but that's just what I see.
    Agree 100%. She has done better on one leg than he has on two, in my opinion. I would like to have seen HER with a different partner. Preferably one who chews with his mouth closed.

LG.
    the thing that bugged me the most about Peter last night (yes there is a list) was that he was ragging on Sarah to hurry up and was all over her case to run faster to the bus stop (even though that was causing her physical pain) when he knew that they were in first place. They were not heading directly to the pit stop after that. There was no reason for him to yell and nag and inflict guilt to try to get her moving even faster at that point in the race, and he knew it, he just did that because he's an asshat, and that's the only hat he wants to wear. Their talk at that bus stop while waiting for the bus he made it clear he knew they were alone in first, but just HAS TO ride her all the damn time like too tight undies because he's a jerk, and he's either 100% jerk or he won't compete at all. That's just crazy, not to mention completely immature, just like his crazy smirk while not looking at Sarah while she's trying to talk to him. she's not perfect. She does tend to turn on the waterworks. But she deserves to be treated a lot better than Peter has been.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole;2105183;
    She starts crying evertime he tells her to try harder or hurry up,it's just so annoying, If she can't do a task or if it's hard for her she will cry , while he is trying to tell her to try harder. He should have came on the show with someone who is capable(spl?) of doing stuff like running real fast or climbing cliffs and stuff fast, she slows him down and he is probably frustrated. IMO
    I don't think Sarah has proven herself to be a wimpy girl by any stretch and more than capable of doing things. She does struggle but it doesn't help when you have a partner ragging on you when things are hard enough as it is just because you aren't going fast enough for his standards. She's probably just as frustrated and if he wanted someone more capable then I guess he should have declined to come on the show with her (I never thought I'd like Peter better when he was more inspirational and motivational than being an obnoxious jackass). I seriously doubt Peter would have even gotten the casting director's attention had it not been for Sarah. They want a gimmick and she gave them one. He was just along for the ride (girl with a fake leg meets a guy who makes legs for a living and falls in love with him and makes a statement that he can love her like no other man, while Peter doesn't seem to show the same affection). Personally, I still think he'd be an jerk to anyone he came on the show with.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-16-2006 at 11:44 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I guess you mean somebody with 2 real legs, huh?
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 10-16-2006 at 11:49 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    Seeing how Peter behaves on the show (mocking others, treating Sarah like crap), I wonder how a man like him can be in the business of helping others, unless he's in it only because prosthesis bring big money.
    I don't like him since the 2d episode, and it's getting worse and worse.

In the last ep, I felt for Sarah, but the way she laughed after Peter mocked the Kentucky team, just bit a big chunk of the sympathy I have for her. I still think she deserves way better than Peter and she's well aware of that.
    But I guess, she tries to get along with Peter (following him, laughing with him, rooting for him, etc) because she has no choice.

Now I don't want to see them win. Even for Sarah's sake, in spite of all the good things I think of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Junmia;2105315;
    In the last ep, I felt for Sarah, but the way she laughed after Peter mocked the Kentucky team,
    Why is it that people were only offended once he mocked the Kentucky team? We saw a montage of Peter making fun of every single team, but somehow the only thing that offended people there was the fact that he had the audacity to mock the Kentucky team.

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    the thing that bugged me the most about Peter last night (yes there is a list) was that he was ragging on Sarah to hurry up and was all over her case to run faster to the bus stop (even though that was causing her physical pain) when he knew that they were in first place
    ... and then after Sarah called him on it he turns around and denies that he was trying to hurry her along. He was just being supportive, don't you know? It's just a game, Sarah. Stop taking it so personally, Sarah. Worst kind of freaking human being that taunts and degrades and then turns it back on the other person. He's despicable.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2105467;
    Why is it that people were only offended once he mocked the Kentucky team?
    For me, David and Mary are huge sympathetic figures, way moreso than anyone else in the race. They're living off of a coal miner's wages in a trailer in Kentucky, how much more sympathetic can you get? Yeah, they bug sometimes, especially Mary, but it still warms my heart to root for them and hope they win.

So, when Peter went off on his Burger King thing, it felt like a smug, privileged bastid kicking Tiny Tim's teeth in. Which, added to the distaste I already had for Peter, angried up my blood even more. Now every little thing about him irks me. Who the heck chews like that, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2105467;
    Worst kind of freaking human being that taunts and degrades and then turns it back on the other person. He's despicable.
    It's called being passive aggressive. And he's seems pretty good at it.
    What?! Am I still here?

CCL
    Co-viewer made a good point to me. If Peter was so worried about catching the bus, why didn't he hurry the heck up, flag down the bus and ask the bus driver to wait a minute for Sarah? Oh wait, that would mean him shutting his gob and actually doing something himself. Never mind.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

To the Point
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole;2105183;
    She starts crying evertime he tells her to try harder or hurry up,it's just so annoying, If she can't do a task or if it's hard for her she will cry , while he is trying to tell her to try harder. He should have came on the show with someone who is capable(spl?) of doing stuff like running real fast or climbing cliffs and stuff fast, she slows him down and he is probably frustrated. IMO

Let me see...He came into this game KNOWING her limitations! Sorry, you don't get a pass on that. It wouldn't matter who he partnered with, he would still be a JERK! He is arrogance personified!!! He knew that climbing the wall would present serious issues for her and he could have chosen (wisely) and taken on that task himself but instead he has chosen a number of task that haven't required a great deal of physical strength. Seems to be there are some very poor decisions being made and they aren't all Sarah. If the requirement to share in the task is still in play it is most probably going to bite them in the butt, and of course Mr. Arrogance will place the blame on her. This is a TEAM game. It takes both players to make it work. He isn't playing well for his team. It would be much more beneficial to help her overcome those obstacles that are an issue than yelling at her constantly to hurry! He HASN'T carried his own weight and he has made it difficult for her to carry her's. I am not a Sarah fan, however, he is just unbearably repugnant.

+ Reply to Thread