+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Duke & Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I liked how Duke handled Lauren when she got frustrated and starting crying over packing the camel. No yelling. It was very loving.

I also don't see anyone calling Lauren whinny cause she cried, unlike the hate Sarah crowd.
    Right on! I like both the girls fine, but if we're going to call one of them whiny (which I am NOT going to do) then we'd have to call them both that, since they've both cried on the show.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this team. They're doing great!

Women cry when they're frustrated. Men usually get mad and obnoxious.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised by this team. They're doing great!

Women cry when they're frustrated. Men usually get mad and obnoxious.
    Yes, but I don't like that when Sarah cries alot of other posters are calling her whinny. If that is there definition of whinny then all the woman who have cried should be referred to as whinny. I personally don't think either Luaren or Sarah are whinny. misskitty your statement is so true. I get frustrated and ifs its really bad I do cry. Get over it. Step back sometimes walk away from the situation. Get back to it, start over and then figure out were I had the problem and solve it and then wonder why I lost it. It looks as if this entire whinny issue is basically a Mars Venus thing. I just don't like it when woman are called to task for acting like woman.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the Myspace info. OrangeDingo. I read all the postings. Seems like Lauren is well liked. I like her and her relationship with her father - had my doubts week 1 though.

FORT Fanatic
    Duke & Lauren are on my favorite 3 teams list , hope they continue to do well.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Yet another one of my favorites that bit the dust. I really hope these two came in hours later because I'll be crushed if they didn't finish far behind Tom/Terry and were that close to being saved (and those two that close to being eliminated). I loved the backstory with these two, Duke was kick ass, and they were just so natural and real, and didn't seem to be playing up to the camera or acting fake. They seemed very strong, one of the stronger parent/child teams to ever run this race, and I wonder if they hadn't screwed up at the detour and gone with the coal one if they would have finished faster.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Yet another one of my favorites that bit the dust. I really hope these two came in hours later because I'll be crushed if they didn't finish far behind Tom/Terry and were that close to being saved (and those two that close to being eliminated). I loved the backstory with these two, Duke was kick ass, and they were just so natural and real, and didn't seem to be playing up to the camera or acting fake. They seemed very strong, one of the stronger parent/child teams to ever run this race, and I wonder if they hadn't screwed up at the detour and gone with the coal one if they would have finished faster.
    I was really hoping this would be a non-elimination leg of the race. I also like how Lauren broke down and how Duke hugged her. Losing sight of the other teams proved to be their downfall.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 10-02-2006 at 07:39 AM.

CEO
    My only beef with this 'kind' of team is how much time they spend discussing their 'lifestyle'. Not Duke and Laurens fault (they didn't edit the show nor did they choose the topics for interview), but the less questions I have to answer from my eight year old when we are trying to watch family TV, the better. We might all be tolerant adults, but none of us want to have a conversation with a third-grader about why some girls kiss girls and some boys kiss boys.

Okay, rant over. I won't miss this team.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Dude, lame, lame, LAME!! I haven't been this upset over a team being eliminated since the Gaghans back in season 8! I loved these guys to death!

Even though they claimed that they were working on their relationship, I honestly thought they had the strongest bond out of all the teams. Lauren's a babe and... well, Duke's a babe too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast