+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Bilal & Sa'eed

FORT Regular
    So no one made jokes about being held up at airports slowing this team down?

I like them.

This team exudes a likeable aura. I hope they regularly worked-out prior to the fillming of the race in order to handle the physical challenges better, unlike TAR5's Marshall & Lance who were easily weighed down by the various detours and roadblocks en route to quitting in Egypt.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Drat! I was liking these two and thought they might bring something interesting to the race. It's too bad that the Big Guy didn't allow them to continue their quest.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Man, I'm so sorry to see them go. I really wanted to see how they would deal with the race and stopping to pray. They did show a little of it while they waited at the airport but I wanted to see how harder it got as the race wore one.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PPerez View Post
    Man, I'm so sorry to see them go. I really wanted to see how they would deal with the race and stopping to pray. They did show a little of it while they waited at the airport but I wanted to see how harder it got as the race wore one.
    Yes, that would have been interesting.
    I kind of get the concept of throwing a wrench into the game by having an elimination happen before the pit stop. Because there are times when people don't exert as much energy in getting to where they have to go, knowing that it is not the pit stop up ahead and they can gain time the next day (I'm not saying that teams dawdle, just that they are a bit complacent). The early elimination will shake the teams up a bit, making them feel it is never the time to play it safe. But, at the same time, I felt bad for this team and feel they didn't really get a chance to advance. I quite liked them and was hoping they would get farther in the game. Oh, well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I had hoped that this team would do better. What a bummer to have been eliminated like that.

But, I think all of the praying and praising Allah would have gotten on my nerves as it did with the Weavers in the family season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I agree, if there was any other reason I wanted to see these two stay in it was to see how their religion and race would play a part in how they got along. It sucked that there were two eliminations last night, and that two of the most diverse teams this season bit the dust. I'm glad the producers are throwing twists into the game and keeping the teams on their toes (obviously no one expected that). But too bad they didn't really get to race (I know I would have been plenty peeved if I ate fish eyes only to get eliminated midway through the first leg). I did love their line, however, about being from Cleveland so what would they know about eating with chopsticks Aside from their religious talk they seemed like a very fun team and I think would have added some humor to the show

...n besides i think they will be brought in sometime later in the race.....a similar thing had happened on another reality show id seen
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    i liked them, but i do believe that if they were doing more racing and less praying, they would've gotten somewhere.
    Girls could wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, cause it's ok to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because YOU think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you, what it feels like for a girl.

Am I the only one who didn't like these guys? I think it was the quote (and please forgive me for paraphrasing) about being a father, a husband, and a muslim, but their religion comes first. What? You put your faith ahead of your wife and kids??? That just strikes me as all wrong.

Besides, no matter what the faith, the overtly religious teams always end up being annoying as sin (every pun intended.) Do I need to remind everyone of the Weavers from the dreaded family edition?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast