+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'The Amazing Race 10' To Air On Sundays

'The Amazing Race 10' To Air On Sundays

TheFutonCritic.com is reporting CBS's new fall schedule, and 'The Amazing Race 10' will air on Sundays this fall, from 8-9 PM. Here is the part that mentions 'Amazing Race' below.

And on Sundays, CBS is making key scheduling moves designed to capitalize on the changing competitive landscape of the night. The Number One and most-honored news magazine 60 MINUTES starts the night at 7:00 PM, followed by the Emmy Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE, which moves to 8:00 PM. And from 9:00-11:00 PM, CBS is using two of its most successful and compelling crime series, COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE, to build a seamless block of drama. COLD CASE will air at 9:00 PM, followed at 10:00 PM by WITHOUT A TRACE, one of television's highest-rated series.
    I think that this is an interesting scheduling move. This could be the best thing to ever happen to 'The Amazing Race'. It will have '60 Minutes' as a lead-in, which is a show watched by a lot of people. I think this could be great for the show, and I will definitely be watching in the fall (although, there was never any question if I would be watching or not).

*gasp!* Nooooooo...Thats Extreme Makeover: Home edition's day..

And I dont have Tivo..*dies*
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

FORT Fogey
    I'm kind of surprised they're not waiting until January to make that move. Amazing Race is one of those shows you need to watch every week. In the Fall, with football, CBS' prime start times are never consistent, which can hurt their audience. With the kind of "watch when you want to" shows that CBS has always had on Sundays, it's been no big deal. I hope for the race's sake that they don't fall victim to the inconsistent start time.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    This is perfect for me. It fits right into my TV-viewing schedule for Sundays. I havent watched this season because of work and CBS/CTV putting it on at absurd times. Now with it on Sundays it fits perfectly into my viewing: Battlestar Galactica at 6, Smallville at 7, TAR at 8, Family Guy at 9, and American Dad at 9:30.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Dumb, dumb, dumb. Does CBS really want to kill this show?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Dumb, dumb, dumb. Does CBS really want to kill this show?
    I agree, I think CBS wants TAR off the air and is doing whatever it can to make it lose viewers Like Veruka said, when football season rolls around that always runs over and I think it'll be harder for TAR to start on time, meaning some people may not want to stick around. I also wished they waited a little while to air TAR10. It certainly didn't hurt TAR5 any. If TAR10's ratings continue to go down, it wouldn't surprise me if they held TAR11 off until the summer.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-17-2006 at 01:27 PM.

FORT Regular
    I think it is fantastic on this day and time. Of course I'd be watching it whenever it was broadcast. I think it is encouraging that they announced it so soon, instead of waiting and waiting like they did for some of the other previous seasons!

FORT Fogey
    I haven't watched anything but Charmed (and whatever follows it) on Sundays in 8 years. Since that's been cancelled, I've been wondering whether I would actually watch anything on that day next season. Works out fine for me. Too bad they screwed the series with all the BS they've pulled lately (Rock Star, Family Edition, Tuesdays at 10PM, mid-season move), though.

I think this could possibly benefit TAR or break it. I really hope it doesn't hurt its ratings even more. But i think this will help TAR.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Sundays is good for me as long as they keep it at the same time and day for the whole season.

Thursday at 9pm after Survivor would of been better though
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast