+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else having trouble with the CBS.com video clips?

FORT Fogey
    Their video player's still in beta, and it's not very good to begin with. Combined with all the commercials, that's why I normally ignore those things.

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by user name View Post
    Their video player's still in beta, and it's not very good to begin with. Combined with all the commercials, that's why I normally ignore those things.
    Not surprising. I just watched the stupid gnome commercial and pringles commercial about 50 times. I hate that gnome now. But I love Team Jeric, so I'm all for watching their videos and trying to be patient..

If you use the direct links, sometimes there are no commercials.

When there is one, use your mouse to drag the slider in the middle from left to right as soon as the commercial starts. I've always skipped them.

The commercials are so damn annoying! Especially the Knome one! Its like we get the point, now stop airig them! But like Art said, Im patient just becaue of Eric and Jeremy...there vids are soo hilarious! If evryone watches those vids of the Frats, I bet there would be more fans of them

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
    The commercials are so damn annoying! Especially the Knome one! Its like we get the point, now stop airig them! But like Art said, Im patient just becaue of Eric and Jeremy...there vids are soo hilarious! If evryone watches those vids of the Frats, I bet there would be more fans of them
    Yes! Eric & Jeremy love! I think they are great. But, yes, these commercials ARE damn annoying. Their videos ARE hilarious though.. and if you watch them, they genuinely are really nice, friendly guys. It makes me enjoy them all the more. I hope they win Wednesday.

I've tried moving the slider button to skip through the commercials, it never lets me. It won't allow me to skip them. But it'll let you skip through the actual video. So they force us to watch the damn commercials.

I wasn't clear...moving the slider to skip the commercial only works when I use Real Player. It doesn't work when I view on CBS.

The id is pretty much in numerical order. To bypass CBS website, just change the last digit. As an example:

http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer2/pl...e=pre&id=22240

To view the next clip, change 0 to 1:

http://video.cgi.cbs.com/vplayer2/pl...e=pre&id=22241

The best way to watch any of the CBS online clips is to open them IN realplayer - don't watch them on the screen they've provided. Right click on the screen while it's starting to play & select "Play in Realplayer". There's no pixelation problems, you can skip the commercials, it's great.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12