+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roadblock Question

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. I hope the roadblock rule is still in effect - I hate it when one member carries a team.
    I agree. I remember with Chip & Kim in TAR 5, I don't remember Kim ever doing a roadblock.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    I agree. I remember with Chip & Kim in TAR 5, I don't remember Kim ever doing a roadblock.
    hot_chocolate, she did one roadblock. The digging in the sand for the scarab in Egypt roadblock. That's the only one she did. Also on The Amazing Race 5, Mirna only did two roadblocks and made Charla do all of the other ones (mainly the difficult ones). She made her carry the side of beef, and that wasn't even a roadblock!

That's why I like the roadblock rule. I hate when one person has to do them all. Hopefully the rule is still in effect.

FORT Fogey
    According to Lori & Dave (the nerds) during their "Finish Line" interview which you can see in the extra videos section of the official website, the roadblock rule is still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    According to Lori & Dave (the nerds) during their "Finish Line" interview which you can see in the extra videos section of the official website, the roadblock rule is still in effect.
    Thanks Remus Lupin. In case anyone wants to watch, they talk about the roadblock rule near the end of part 1. There are 3 parts total, part 1 is a little over 15 mins long.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    FWIW, updated to episode 6 (Apr 5):
    Ray 4 (bldg, gnome, statue, polo) Yolanda 1 (pool)
    Lake 4 (bldg, pool, gnome, statue) Michelle 1 (polo)
    Good info, Kay. Sooner or later, there's bound to be a strength-related task Yolanda and/or Michelle are forced to do. Yolanda seems more suited for the job, but I've been surprised before by racers on this show.

FORT Regular
    I don't think Michelle would have much problem with roadblocks - I think her problem is more with Lake letting her do any . I'm actually pretty impressed with Michelle - she's carrying this team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I don't think Michelle would have much problem with roadblocks - I think her problem is more with Lake letting her do any . I'm actually pretty impressed with Michelle - she's carrying this team right now.
    She tried to back out of the polo one saying she didnt think she could do it...Lake convinced her
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

Quote Originally Posted by Jelani View Post
    She tried to back out of the polo one saying she didnt think she could do it...Lake convinced her
    He also wanted her to do the swimming pool one but she didn't want "those Russians" to see her in a bathing suit. Lake was irritated at her for not wanting to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    He also wanted her to do the swimming pool one but she didn't want "those Russians" to see her in a bathing suit. Lake was irritated at her for not wanting to do it.
    Shes gonna have a rude awakening when Lake hits the RB limit and shes does them all...The later ones are more strength usually....she should have taken the gnome and pool ones while she had the chance..LOL
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

Updated to episode 7 (Apr 12):

Eric 2 (dive, statue) Jeremy 3 (bldg, gnome, polo)

BJ 3 (bldg, gnome, polo) Tyler 3 (dive, statue, bungy)

Joseph 3 (bldg, gnome, polo) Monica 3 (dive, statue, bungy)

Fran 3 (bldg, statue, bungy) Barry 3 (dive, gnome, polo)

Ray 5 (bldg, gnome, statue, polo, bungy) Yolanda 1 (dive)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast