+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Derek and Drew

Derek and Drew did run a good race, and they should be commended for making it as far as they did. However, as I said in another thread, they only have themselves to blame for what happened to them last night. By this point in the race, they should have KNOWN they would need a CLUE to get to the Pit Stop.

FORT Newbie
    Surprisingly, I was kind of sad to see them go. Okay I admit my ratings for them fell since Drew decided to "hook up" with Flo..but after getting to watch the first five episodes I acknowledge that they ran a pretty good race. As with any race, you fumble (some fumble more badly than others) but the important part is to dust yourself off and keep going. And they did just that.

Hee hee..I managed to catch their interview on the Morning Show. That blue/ red matching outfits were probably a producer's request. They looked quite cute and fashionable this morning. Whew! It's really bad to be good looking but fashion challenged.

Julie Chen made a comment of how Flo's outburst, mildly put, terrified her. When asked if there is anything still going on between them two Drew said they were still "talking". Plus that it was hard for a relationship to work under the race conditions. I didn't know if he skirted the issue because they are dating and didn't want anyone to know, or he was ashamed to be associated with her after watching Flo's attitude. Derek quickly added that they had no knowledge of Flo's WONDERFUL outburst until watching the show air. I guess she really did keep her temper nicely wrapped for them. Hmm...sounds like Derek's trying to do some damage control for his little brother.

I think they knew it, even mentioned it on the way to the mat, they just didn't know where to find it.
    I did find it interesting that even though they saw K&G before they made their ill fated trip on the ferry, they decided NOT to follow them, but rather try to catch up with Flo who they saw on the ferry as it was crossing.

Interesting.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

OH no! I am so disappointed that they've been eliminated They were my favourite team. It was so frustrating just watching them look for the roadblock.It WAS extremely frustrating for them
    Anyway, watched them on the Early Show, they looked cute I'm glad Derek was trying to deviate Drew's mind from Whiney & making him more focussed on the game. Like when the twins' cab passed Whiney & Zach , I cannot believe Drew actually said something like 'Let's stop for these guys' .
    And they're the only team who didn't use their taxi driver's cell phone to call the airport & book tickets to Vietnam.

LG.
    Originally posted by amna

And they're the only team who didn't use their taxi driver's cell phone to call the airport & book tickets to Vietnam.
    You know amna, that is exactly why I'm not too sorry to see them go last night (even though I would have rather bid Flo adieu), because D&D never really caught on how to prepare themselves for the next step for the race, they just sort of wandered from place to place in a daze and then relied on strength and courage to give them a burst of speed when needed. They weren't racing with their brains as much as other teams who have made it to the finale. Very nice guys, but not really planning their strategy like they should have been IMHO.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

You're right LG. We saw this situation throughout the race with the twins. First they just tagged along with K&G, & K&G were definitely the brains then. The twins were always low on their strategy skills.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I have to disagree on that one. While there were times that D&D didn't do a lot of preparation, I definitely think they paved their own way, and did not take advantage of anyone or piggyback on anyone else.

Very sad to see them go. I would have liked to have had them in the 2 hour episode...I'm not sure my ears can handle 2 hours of whining.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

agree with u bravofan
    i think that drew and derek do deserve some credits
    even picking alliances requires thinking~
    if u look back tha the past episodes,u'll find that drew and derek actually finished first in a number of legs using their OWN abilities
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

LG.
    I wasn't saying that they were "tagging" along with others the whole race. I think they do deserve credit for racing on their own merit. What I said was that they weren't thinking ahead to the next step as much as they could have, compared with other teams. They weren't studying up on their next locale while on trains and planes, as Drew was too occupied flirting with Flo. They didn't think ahead to reserve taxis. They didn't ask the taxi driver to borrow a cell phone to make plane reservations (not just this leg, but ever, and this was something that teams were seen doing in TAR 2 so if they'd done their homework they would have known about it). They left their baggage in a precarious situation which slowed them down twice (in the Mexican cab and also in the boat with a bunch of other teams but not JVJ). I'm not saying they ran a bad race because they obviously did well, but I think they could have won if they'd raced smarter (not harder). They seemed rather easily distracted by shiny objects (or whiney competitors).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree, LG. They didn't have their heads in the game as much as some other teams, even some who are now gone.

+ Reply to Thread