+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek and Drew

LG.
    I'm sorry, but the fact that they were soooo petty about the book after Teri just did them a favor really sunk them in my esteem. I think they all knew that Flo & Zach and Andre and Damon were not waiting with the rest of the teams for the challenge place to open that morning and that only one of them could have taken the FF, so this matter of a couple minutes was not going to lead to elimination this round. It was really poor judgment to not let them have a little look while they were in the gondola together. I'm proud of Ian for not trying to wring their scrawny necks after that.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I thought it was a little out of character for them, but I just can't see one incident out of everything that has happened so far as affecting my opinion of them.

One bad judgement call from people who have been otherwise really sweet throughout... I can get past it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

BF, I was just thinking that as I sit here upset with some of the teams for their behavior last night, I can't help but think, if they weren't such good likeable teams to begin with, these incidents wouldn't carry so much weight.
    That being said, I still agree with LG 100%
    It was mean, rude, and if they had used the brain they seemed to be sharing last night, they would have known it wouldn't hurt them timewise.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I agree with those who've said that the Wonder Twins were being unnecessarily petty when they decided not to show Teri the book. How high school was that? I mean, they were all in the gondola together, so it wasn't like T/I were gonna take off ahead of them or something. It would have been nice if the Wonder Twins had shared the book with T/I, but does it change my opinion of them? I was disapppointed in them last night, but my overall opinion of them still hasn't changed.

Yeah, one bad deed shouldn't erase 6 shows of niceness just as one good deed by Flo wouldn't erase what she has done IMO.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

I agree, and mentioned before that if the teams hadn't been so nice throughtout, I wouldn't have noticed one bad moment. But they have been and I did
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Okay, here's something (swear this is the last time I'll talk about the clue loss incident -- unless you want me to )

If D&D would not have found the clue, it really wouldn't have even mattered because I'm sure K&G would have shared theirs.

I just rechecked on Tivo to verify, but
    All 4 teams: D&D, K&G, T&I, and J&J were on the gondola in that last part and all 4 got to their cars at the same time.

So I'm more mad at CBS for making the clue thing look like a big deal than anything else.

(still I think it was nice that Teri didn't hesitate to tell him where it was )

Princess
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    The funny thing is...if it wouldn't have been the title of the show, it would have been even less noticeable....

I saw many more things that I would have focused on that that incident.
    BF, I have disagree with you here . I had completely forgotten what the title of the ep. was, but that comment really made me think "hmmmm, well, that didn't sound very nice" and it made the "incident" very noticeable. Just goes to show how the editing can blow things out of proportion... what Flo did at the airport to the 911-team for example was much worse, imo - but then again, I didn't expect anything else from her, so no surprise there!

The twins should have shared some info with T/I, it would have been a courteous gesture.
    Btw, this is the first episode where i could actually tell them apart & both of them looked sooooo cute when they were wearing their woolly hats
    Last edited by amna; 11-21-2002 at 02:59 PM.

I'm so glad that they did well this week

+ Reply to Thread