+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings Down

FORT Fan

Ratings Down

TAR came last in the 10PM time slot last night, according to the Neilsons. I love this show but am convinced that last seasons Family theme drove a lot of viewers away. What was CBS thinking!?! If they don't do something, we'll lose it

Quote Originally Posted by augie View Post
    TAR came last in the 10PM time slot last night, according to the Neilsons. I love this show but am convinced that last seasons Family theme drove a lot of viewers away. What was CBS thinking!?! If they don't do something, we'll lose it
    Looking at The Futon Critic's overnight ratings, that's not what I see. They do ask that one not copy and paste the article, so I won't, but I see TAR tied for #4, finishing ahead of both ABC and NBC entries for it's time slot, #4 overall for the evening.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

CCL
    Maybe it's the 10 PM slot? 9:00 pm (or even 8:00 pm) would be more family-friendly.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    I think the lead in with the new show The Unit was not as successful as they hoped, and that could have hurt the ratings. Plus, moving it back an hour wasn't great, because most fans are used to it being at it's set time. I think the ratings will pick up, once it starts getting a little more coverage by the Entertainment media. It usually gets good coverage but I think the family edition might have hurt that a little. I expect it to rebound!! At least, I hope so!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

As I read last night's ratings, the order of finish was:

American Idol #1
    House #2
    The Unit #3
    NCIS and Amazing Race tied at #4

That means the show won the time slot (Boston Legal tied for #6, with Law and Order SVU). So, I don't see that as bad news at all.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/ra...cgi?id=tuesday
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Last night, Amazing Race's ratings was a 6.1/10 (the exact same as last week). At least it is staying steady and not losing viewers. It was #6 for the night in viewers 18-49 and #7 in overall viewers. Compared to this day last year, Amazing Race 7 got a 7.6/12 in its 9 PM time slot and was #3 in 18-49 viewers for the night and #5 in overall viewers.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/ra...cgi?id=tuesday

FORT Fogey
    For my household, we all love AR, but 10pm is tough, AND following a 2 hour American Idol, many folks are phoning in and not watching a show (I was taping it). I was surpised at a show like the Unit being at 9pm with AR at 10, but with Idol competing for a little while at 9pm since the AR season premiere, it made sense to me...maybe they'll swap them when Idol goes down to a 1 hour Tuesday show?

10 is past my bedtime, so I have to record it and watch it the next afternoon. I really wish they had kept it at 9 this season...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The Family Edition really hurt their long-term ratings, I think. That, combined with the timeslot, is showing depressing ratings.

To fix things, they need to:

1) Fire anyone who had anything to do with the Family Edition
    2) Get rid of the yield
    3) Get rid of the "lose all your stuff and money" when you come in last (has it REALLY hurt anyone? I can't think of anyone off-hand)
    4) Include more Fast Forwards, like they used to
    5) Stop casting people who we can't stand, and people who have NO chance whatsoever to actually compete for the million
    6) Stop using so many damn equalizers
    7) Let people have the freedom of airline choice that they had in season 1

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The Family Edition really hurt their long-term ratings, I think. That, combined with the timeslot, is showing depressing ratings.

To fix things, they need to:

1) Fire anyone who had anything to do with the Family Edition
    If they haven't already, agreed. It killed me that it took Romber to get the ratings to where they were and after the family edition it seemed like what was the point. TAR lost a lot of potential viewers that most likely would have stuck with the show. Doing the family edition after they got so many new ones hooked wasn't the brightest idea.

2) Get rid of the yield
    I'm in the camp that has never really minded the Yield, but it's never managed to knock anyone out and I don't want to see a team eliminated because of it so again, I agree.

3) Get rid of the "lose all your stuff and money" when you come in last (has it REALLY hurt anyone? I can't think of anyone off-hand)
    No. That seemed like a really neat twist at the time. But not anymore, especially since teams can ask the others for stuff and money. And now teams who suspect a NEL literally put all the clothes on their backs so they won't lose anything.

4) Include more Fast Forwards, like they used to
    Maybe a couple more, but I'm sort of happy they scaled back. To me, it makes for more racing and less for teams who have that as a security blanket (especially if it's a team that's doing miserably as it is).

5) Stop casting people who we can't stand, and people who have NO chance whatsoever to actually compete for the million
    All a matter of opinion. Considering I've always been in the minority with my likes/dislikes, then I'd really have no one to root for And remember Flo? I never would have imagined she would have made the final leg, let alone won the whole thing. Same thing for David/Jeff and Adam/Rebecca coming in third over some of the other teams. I will add no more cross casting from Survivor, Big Brother, or any other reality show out there (assuming CBS would actually use contestants from shows not on it's network).

6) Stop using so many damn equalizers
    Once again, I agree. Especially when a strong team has a great lead and then gets eliminated because all the teams got bunched up and they couldn't distance themselves. However, from what I've heard, the main reason they do so many equalizers is so what happened during the finale of TAR1 (two teams having a 24 hour lead over the last one) won't happen again.

7) Let people have the freedom of airline choice that they had in season 1
    I think they have to have permission from airlines to film on their and that's why certain airlines are restricted. I guess I never noticed, though, after all these seasons that they couldn't pick their own airline to fly on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast