+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ratings Down

yea, if theres one TAR constant, its that anything can and will happen...................at least once in a while.......

FYI, everyone, TAR was once again the number one show - ahead of 60 Minutes, ahead of CSI, ahead of everything, not just reality shows - in the Toronto area last week.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    FYI, everyone, TAR was once again the number one show - ahead of 60 Minutes, ahead of CSI, ahead of everything, not just reality shows - in the Toronto area last week.
    It's great to hear that it was doing so well in Canada. Unfortunately, it doesn't help its odds for survival one whit down here in the States.

Yay, Amazing Race is in Australia!
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Regular
    great post pg13, as always

My point on the casting, and I suspect that it's pretty hard to get right as you have to look at the interplay of some of the personalities, is the typecasting. One old couple, one minority, one alternate lifestyle, etc. It's not that I have a problem with these different groups, I just wish it weren't so obvious we're filling a quota. Why aren't there 2 older couples that are physically fit. Or tow mother/daughter, mother/son, etc. groups.

It is tv, yes, but maybe a little more randomness and less typecasting.

I like the suggestion by lone1c on Yeild All. It would be different.

I lament the cryptic clues, like when they had to look at a flag realize it's Malaysia and then find the Petronas Towers without any of those place names given in the clue. Classic TAR.

Amazing Race's ratings had quite a drop this week. The latest episode ratings were 5.7/9 (compared to last week's 6.0/10) and had a 3.8 in adults 18-49. It was #7 overall for the night and #5 in adults 18-49. Compared to the 9 PM timeslot this day last year, Amazing Race 7 got a 7.9/13 and had a 5.7 in adults 18-49. Last year's episode was #5 overall for the night and #3 in adults 18-49.

Hopefully, in its new time slot next week, "Amazing Race" will pick back up its viewers. I am concerned, though, as "Deal Or No Deal" has been very popular.

The ratings for the first episode of "The Amazing Race" in its new Wednesday timeslot are in, and they're not good. The latest episode only got a 5.0/8 in its new timeslot. It was third behind "Deal Or No Deal" (8.8/15) and "Bones" (6.6/11).

I was hoping that the new timeslot would help the show, but it looks like it hurt it. Not leaving it on Tuesdays at 9 PM was a bad idea. I really think they should move it back to the Tuesday at 10 PM slot at least. I haven't been too worried about Amazing Race for a while. I thought it had finally gotten the viewers and recognition it deserves. Now, I'm worried that its ratings have dropped so much. Hopefully, it will still win the Emmy. Also hopefully, it will pick back up viewers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Anyone else think we might see cross casting again next season in hopes someone from Big Brother or Survivor can bring the ratings up?

Not surprised the ratings continue to go down. I almost forgot it was on, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I looked for it Tuesday night, then remembered the night got switched but had I not visited the FORT when I did would have forgotten about it all together. These are the ratings TAR4 were pulling in. At least TAR10 is confirmed so if TAR9 doesn't get out of this slump hopefully that season will bring TAR back.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

An article on TAR's decline in ratings

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/artman/publish/article_3943.asp

Amazing flop:
    CBS's 'Race' collapses

Wednesday move sinks reality show 23 percent

By Diego Vasquez
    Apr 6, 2006

CBS has moved “The Amazing Race” around its schedule twice this season, and the second move looks to have been even more damaging than the first.

“Race” last night posted a 3.0 overnight rating among viewers 18-49 in its new Wednesday 8 p.m. timeslot, down 23 percent from the 3.9 it had averaged through five Tuesday 10 p.m. episodes (the two-hour season premiere did begin at 9 p.m.).

That 3.9 was already down 9 percent from the 4.3 rating “Race” averaged last fall in its old Tuesday 9 p.m. slot.

“Race” did accomplish one of CBS’s goals last night, improving the timeslot over what comedies “Out of Practice” and “Courting Alex” averaged there over the previous two weeks. “Race’s” 3.0 was up 67 percent versus the past two weeks, but that’s not saying much because the two rookie comedies averaged only a 1.8.

It raises real questions about the future of “Race,” which over the past two years has become a valuable reality franchise. Last spring “Race” helped CBS to a strong May sweeps finish in 18-49s, and several editions of the show ranked among the top 30 for the season.

Last fall “Race” switched to a family edition that was unpopular with viewers. And moving the show to the later 10 p.m. slot this spring seemed unwise, as “Race” is show that families watch together.

It’s questionable whether “Race” can rebound in the coming weeks. CBS advertised the move aggressively, and there’s not much timeslot competition beyond Fox’s so-so “Bones” and NBC’s “Deal or No Deal.”

In other night timeslot-changing news last night, NBC’s “Law & Order” returned to its regular 10 p.m. slot after spending two weeks at 9 p.m. to make way for the new drama “Heist.” “L&O” posted a 3.5 last night, up 30 percent from the 2.7 it averaged in two weeks at 9 p.m. and close to its 3.6 season-to-date rating.

That came at the expense of “Heist,” however, which moved to 9 p.m. against Fox’s “American Idol” and ABC’s “Lost” and posted a 2.0, down 29 percent from the 2.8 it averaged at 10 p.m. over its first two weeks.

Fox was first for the night among 18-49s with a 5.9 average rating and a 16 share. ABC was second at 4.1/11, NBC third at 3.2/9, CBS fourth at 3.1/8, UPN fifth at 1.8/5, Univision sixth at 1.4/4 and WB seventh at 1.0/3.

NBC began the night in the lead with a 4.2 rating at 8 p.m. for “Deal or No Deal.” Fox was second with a 3.6 for “Bones,” CBS third with its 3.0 for “Race” and UPN fourth with a 2.4 for “America’s Next Top Model.” ABC finished fifth with a 2.2 for “George Lopez” (2.1) and “Freddie” (2.4), WB sixth with a 1.3 for “One Tree Hill” and Univision seventh with a 1.2 for “Barrera de Amor.”

Fox took the lead at 9 p.m. with an 8.3 average for an “American Idol” results show (10.5) and “Unan1mous” (6.1). ABC moved to second with a 6.6 for “Lost,” with CBS third with a 2.8 for a repeat of “Criminal Minds,” NBC fourth with its 2.0 for “Heist” and Univision fifth with a 1.8 for “Alborada.” UPN was sixth with a 1.2 for “Veronica Mars” and WB seventh with a 0.7 for “Bedford Diaries.”

ABC, NBC and CBS tied for first with a 3.5 rating at 10 p.m., ABC for “The Evidence,” NBC for “L&O” and CBS for a repeat of “CSI: NY.” Univision was fourth with a 1.1 for “Don Francisco Presenta.”

Fox also led the night among households with a 9.3 average rating and a 15 share. NBC was second at 6.8/11, ABC third at 6.4/10, CBS fourth at 6.3/10, UPN fifth at 2.6/4, Univision sixth at 1.9/3 and WB seventh at 1.6/2.
    Hopefully once everyone figures out what night it will be on the ratings will go up (wishful thinking?) This is what we used to hear during TAR4 when the show was on the brink of being cancelled. I hope whoever came up with the idea of the family edition is without a job now. IMO, I think this season has turned into a bore and I think that could be why the ratings get lower every week. I'm only sticking with it because hey, it's TAR. Boring season or not it's still the best show on TV. CBS can make the show better without having to cross cast. I just hope that's not the root they take.

I know this new time sucked for me, because i have a class on wednesday afternoon. This is the first time i did not get to see Amazing Race in "real time". Thank god for the tivo. They should just put it back at 8 pm central like they had it last season.

+ Reply to Thread