+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fran & Barry - Season 9

I like how sweet they are with each other. It's endearing. But they're not good racers. I think their luck will run out next week.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I like how sweet they are with each other. It's endearing. But they're not good racers. I think their luck will run out next week.
    As people, I think they are both just lovely, endearing and wonderful. As racers? Haaaate.

I just got a chance to watch this, and I couldn't believe that they chose the climb.

I don't think they're very good at thinking things through, but I also think the building the bike thing last week really shook her confidence in being able to do tasks. She took one look at the sugar cane to ethanol task and said, "I don't know how to make ethanol" when that was obviously a task that would come with instructions.

ETA: She also made a really dumb decision to go up the same staircase as five other teams (or did she start and others made the dumbe choice?), which made it so she had to wait until last to rapelle. And hubby didn't advise her to change her strategy. They really don't think things through at all.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    For some reason, everytime they are on my television, I want to break it. I tend to like the old teams but man, I just can't stand these two.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I just got a chance to watch this, and I couldn't believe that they chose the climb.
    I was shocked by that as well. And this time they would've had instructions like she wanted and didn't get for putting together the motorcycle. They are in real danger of going home next.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    I was shocked by that as well. And this time they would've had instructions like she wanted and didn't get for putting together the motorcycle. They are in real danger of going home next.
    I actually hope they go home next week. They're nice genuine people, but poor racers and its frustrating to watch at times. Last week they walked past the clue multiple times and picked a bad detour, but I let that slide. Then this week, they should've read that there's THREE towers and picked the 3rd tower since there was no way Fran would beat Team Wannabe Pimps, Ray, or Danielle. Then they pick a physically demanding detour because they don't know much about ethanol.

I always want to like the older team...but often end up hating them.

They always state they have "experience" over the younger teams then go on to make really bad choices.

Did anyone else notice Fran had on sandals while doing the climb? I think that was the reason she could not get her foot in the loop. She's in a race where she is going to be doing various physical things and wears sandals! did she think this was going to be a walk on the beach?!?!?

I'm typically NOT a fan of the older couples, and I'm still not..but, I didn't want these two gone this time. The car breaking down crap always grates my nerves.
    "In the event of a broken down vehicle, through no fault of the racers, they will be rewarded a new car with NO time credit" Bunch of bull! I would go COOCOO CRAZYYYyyy if I lost TAR because of some jacked up VW.

I was feeling really bad for them..especially after how they were basically shrugging it off.."how sad to go all this way and to lose like this".. they were convinced that they were last to arrive. They were really cute on the mat when they found out they were still in it!

Of course they won't make it much longer..but, I'm glad they survived this round.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Why does the obligatory old couple always pass by the clue box several times before seeing it? It seems to happen at least once every season.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Why does the obligatory old couple always pass by the clue box several times before seeing it? It seems to happen at least once every season.
    I don't know about you young 'uns out there, but I'm 45 and I don't see things as well as I used to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread