+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fran & Barry - Season 9

did she REALLY think she could put a motorcycle together?!?!?!?

I wanted to like them, I really did, but ugh! They made some really idiotic mistakes last night that just totally turned me off to them, especially when they expected Lake to just hang around & help them build their bike. WHAT SHOW DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ON? As soon as she realized she couldn't do the task, they should have left to the other one. But no, instead they waste time watching another team build the bike. I mean, they didn't even try to mimic what the other team was doing & work on maybe getting somewhere on building their own bike, duh. And I am NO FAN of Lake, but I do not hold him at any fault for not sticking around. He gave them a couple of pointers & left. Did they really think he was going to stick around & hold their hand through the bike-building process? Not too bright.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Not finding the OBVIOUS cluebox with the blazing yellow and red streamers was an early indicator that these two aren't "skilled" enough for this race.
    Just wait til they have to search and actually scour for it. Ho-boy..brain matter burnage for SURE.

These two will be gone very soon.. if not, then they got lucky with something.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    These two just plain suck. I love old teams but these two...wow, slow and stupid basically.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I can't say that I'm liking Fran too much. Did she REALLY think that the cluebox was put there after they spent all that time looking? Did she REALLY think Lake would help them afterwards? I'm surprised he gave her a few curt answers. It's more than I would have done.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Not finding the OBVIOUS cluebox with the blazing yellow and red streamers was an early indicator that these two aren't "skilled" enough for this race.
    Just wait til they have to search and actually scour for it. Ho-boy..brain matter burnage for SURE.

These two will be gone very soon.. if not, then they got lucky with something.
    I completely agree. I can somewhat understand not finding the clues right away if they were semi-hidden. But how can you miss the big green box and the yellow and red flag?

If it was just Barry, I would have thought that he was severely colorblind or something. The odds of him AND her being that severely colorblind are about as likely as me winning the Powerball, though. I honestly don't understand how they could have missed it. It was one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

Even the clue box debacle wouldn't have turned me against this team, though. All of us have missed something right in front of our face at some point in our lives (thought not usually with a brightly colored flag hanging off of it). What really bothered me was them standing around staring stupidly at the bike and Lake instead of acknowledging they'd made a mistake and hustling off to the other option. The people that have been good racers in the past weren't necessarily perfect, but they knew when to admit their mistakes and correct them immediately.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think Fran expected there would be some sort of assembly instruction sheet. Alas, not.
    What?! Am I still here?

CCL
    Well, once again they made the wrong choice (going for the rapelling instead of the ethanol task in the detour) but I understand their reasoning. I'm glad they stayed over the sisters. It would have sucked if they had gotten out because of a dead battery.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was relieved that the battery wasn't their downfall as well. I think they are terrible racers, but that would be a terrible way to get eliminated. They'll probably be out by next week anyway. Either them or the Pinkies.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread