+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Fran & Barry - Season 9

It will be interesting to see more of these two. They may be the first "older couple" that are true competitors.

From listening to their pre-race interview, physically I would think these two are better prepared for the race than any previous older couple they've had on the show. While Terri and Ian did an incredible job making the final three in their season and Meredith and Gretchen were in pretty good shape, I don't think anybody matches these two. If they can work well together as a team they should be a very interesting team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thearnon View Post
    From listening to their pre-race interview, physically I would think these two are better prepared for the race than any previous older couple they've had on the show. While Terri and Ian did an incredible job making the final three in their season and Meredith and Gretchen were in pretty good shape, I don't think anybody matches these two. If they can work well together as a team they should be a very interesting team to watch.
    Well said. They seem very nice.

I always hope the older couples do well, and I like that they've been married 40 years, so...go Fran and Barry!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    I dunno, they could be cool, or they could end up being self-absorbed think-they-know-it-all boomers.

As a general rule, I pull for the Old Fogeys teams, but she was just too negative last night, and he wasn't great at off-setting that negativity. They do seem very loving, so that's in their favor. Perhaps if they have another decent finish, they'll come around. Otherwise, listening to her doom and gloom is going to get to me.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

It was definitely Meredith and Gretchen redux... minus Gretchen's squealing, nasally voice, thank God.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

You've got to worry about a team that cannot see the red-and-yellow flag hanging off of the cluebox. Maybe they shouldn't have put off cataract surgery until after the race . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

CCL
    I thought the old team were supposed to be contenders this time around. Didn't their bio say they liked adventure travel etc? Yet Fran seemed to be having trouble with the physical task in next week's promo. And if they're relying on their mental prowess (as they said they were) then they seem to be in for a difficult time. What was their problem in not finding the box (and no, Fran, it did not move)? I just didn't get why they were walking in the middle. That's where all the traffic was - wouldn't it make sense for it to be over at the side? Or at least look in the middle but also to the side. I don't know. They do seem like a nice couple but I don't think they will get very far.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

i really thought theyd pull out front, apparently i was wrong. anyways i still like this team and hope they can pull it together for the rest of the race.

+ Reply to Thread